Another purchase. I'm out of control.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GUNNER63736, Dec 11, 2018.

1. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

Just picked this Purdy little sucker up for $25.00 shipped. I like bling in my old age. I think the 95-S is one of the better dates of the silver proofs.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BoonTheGoon

BoonTheGoon Grade A mad lad

Say, is it really a bad thing to be out of control with coins? XD
    As long as you dont collect yourself out of house.

Hoky77 and spirityoda like this.
  4. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

I can never talk smack about coins dated 1916........

..........And coins from my birth year. Excellent pickup.

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Hey Gunny... What on earth can be wrong with collecting money?? Some nice bling on that one. I like it.

6. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

Nice grab!! I have the same! Not slabed☹️

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice and it never hurts to have a little bling! :) Great price too!

8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Can you explain what you mean by this, or explain why you feel this way?

Congrats on picking up a coin which you are clearly excited about!

9. Morpheus

Morpheus Active Member

Yea, not seeing the 1995 as one of the better dates for proofs. Only one I really know of is the 2012. But a great coin for sure!

That being said, I love the Kennedy half dollars. Putting together a complete set right now. I have 193 of the 210 coins. (This does not include any of the DDO's). Just missing some of the proofs from about 2000 through current, although have the 2012. Still need to send in the 2007 and 2008 coins from the mint sets to get the SMS notation. Hoping to finish it up next year.

10. ddddd

ddddd Member

I’m guessing he means it’s one of the lower mintage Proof Kennedy Halfs. For a while it was the key in the Kennedy Silver Proof series (excluding the 1998 matte proof and until others unseated it, like the 2012 and 2015).

11. GUNNER63736

I guess that just proves that I am no coin expert and just do it for the fun of it. I don't have any coin expertise besides retail listings in coin magazines, for sale in other places and what is being asked for them. A PRF DCAM 1990-S is listed at $50.00 in Coin World magazine and that is an unslabed price as far as I know. It is a silver coin and in a slab by PCGS and that should give it a little more value. I also look at what others are asking for the same coin on ebay, whether realistic or not. That is how I came to the conclusion that $25.00 shipped for this coin was a fair price, for me anyway.

12. GUNNER63736

I meant to say 1995-s in my post above, not 1990-s. Duh.

Draft saved Draft deleted