Another postal theft . . .

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ToughCOINS, Jul 15, 2020.

1. I am new to all this. I just overnighted a package to Collectors Universe using USPS and it was returned to me. Any ideas why?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. I am grateful I got it back. Sent one overnight to the PO box and it went through fine. Thank you anyone who knows....

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Well need more info than that.

baseball21 likes this.
  5. I made a submission to PCGS and the address, on the form is Collectors Universe, 7000 Barranca Pkway, Irvine California. I overnighted it with USPS and the package was refused and returned to me. My first submission I sent via overnight with USPS to a PO address on the PCGS form and it went through fine. I thought it was more appropriate to use the physical street address this time.....but, there I go thinking.

6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Welcome to CT

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

That's not their submission address which is why it was refused.

Collecting Nut and Robert Ransom like this.
  8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Dealers using Priority Mail on high value coins.... :banghead:

REGISTERED MAIL is your friend.

9. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

OT: I grew up in Westport and started collecting there. I used to ride my bike to Sam Sloat's coin shop and buy Mercury dimes for my Whitman back in the 70's. Next door was Bill's Smoke Shop who sold comic books.

Sam and Mrs. Sloat have long since passed on but the business is still there, although in a different location (and likely the shop mentioned in the article).

Oh, and you wouldn't drive into the city. Just hop the New Haven RR into Grand Central.

Cheech9712, NOS and Robert Ransom like this.
  10. That is so weird, it is the address on the form. I am lucky I got it back.

11. Thank you.

12. baseball21

No it's not. The address on their forums and online to submit too is in Newport Beach

The address you used is for Fedex only (a Fedex center) and in the small fine print and you have to follow the directions exactly or Fedex sends it back. Sending a USPS shipment to a Fedex center is an automatic nope

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. But, underneath is the Collectors Universe address for overnight shipments. I thought that was what I was supposed to do. Guess it is just for Fedex shipments. I used USPS...not sure why they would be so picky.

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

No luck in getting it back. It was returned to your return address. It was refused and returned. @baseball21 gave you a very good and reasonable reason why it was refused. Please learn from this experience and welcome to CT.

16. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

It's rare but yeah there can be addresses that show as either not existing or accepted on their systems. One time I had a buyer that lived on a college campus (not an apartment or house), I wrote exactly the address given to me and I had to send it twice to get to the buyer.

Years back I purchased a nintendo DS on ebay (2014 I think) the package was scanning as being "out for delivery" nearly 300 miles from my address, in a different city and that city doesn't even have a street matching mine. That was the only time I've had that exact experience so maybe you have much better luck with USPS from this point forward.

17. baseball21

It was the wrong address..........

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  19. I surehope so...thanks

20. I definitely learned from it ($$$). Thank you for the welcome!

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted