Another New Daniel Carr Coin Listed.....Only 13 Made !!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chiefbullsit, Feb 22, 2017.

1. This one just sold for BIN $199. May be the FMV at least for now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-Daniel...338264?hash=item4b1267c718:g:YgMAAOSwOgdYrTOz

I still want to see one listed as a 99 cent start no reserve true auction and see where it goes. TC

C-B-D likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Probably for pennies on the dollar like the majority of 99 cent auctions that don't have shills or reserves

4. baseball21

Maybe, but my feeling is that its such a stiff premium over the Silver rounds he did with that design most would opt for those instead

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Sure. But the key word is most. Trust me, there are dedicated Carr guys with money that are sorry they missed it and will want it. These won't be available too often if at all unless one or two of the 13 bought to flip, which is unlikely, but even if so that means it / they will be on the market soon and then into permanent collections.

6. baseball21

Yea I read CU too and know of the big wigs that are avid collectors. You may be right with some of them.

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

@dcarr

I hope you have more overstrikes planned.

8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I started going through all the sold true auctions for his stuff on ebay and could not find anything that sold for pennies on the dollar. I started posting them, but it was too many to post.

9. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

With a moose on it

Paul M. likes this.
  10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

And his initials.

Silverhouse and dwhiz like this.
  11. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Got my shipping notice yesterday, will be here next week. Photos to follow as soon as it gets here.

12. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of this particular piece. I liked the original medal, but it just looks messy to me when it's overstruck on an ASE.

As for ROM, I pretty much dislike everything they do. Their designs are no better than some of the crude Chinese pieces you see out there. It has nothing to do with the COPY stamp. I have a couple of Gallery Mint pieces that I love. The engraving by Ron Landis is beautiful, and the COPY stamp does not detract IMO.

I think this one is going to be a miss. The 64-D Morgan (all varieties) and the 1917 Peace dollar are going to be big winners! I think the recent Mercury and Walker overstrikes will do decently in the secondary market.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Not a mis at all. There are already standing buyers hoping for someone to flip to them for a profit and willing to pay up. Keeping mine though.

14. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

When it gets here I'll take a good look at it, see if there is any doubling on it. I imagine that I'll list it on the Bay very soon....but if it's special I'll keep it and get it graded by ANACS. I wonder what the ASE collectors think about this issue?

Below is a copy and paste about this piece from the DC website:

Reeded edge, brilliant satin finish. Nominal diameter is 42mm, but can vary slightly. One troy oz 999 silver. ***Most show some amount of strike doubling.***

15. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Can you please tell us how you know this? Who are these buyers and how many of them are there? You know their names? (Other than jwitten who claimed he MAY pay slightly over issue, but likely not).

16. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I've already been contacted by two CU forum members about mine. I won't list their names but they're well respected members that collect DC items. If I list mine it'll be auction style and I'll notify those who are interested when it starts.

Cascade likes this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

That's 2. Big demand, huh?

18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Actually 3 technically. What's with all the pessimism bro. It's getting old.

Btw, with only 13 made I doubt more than 2 or 3 will surface, if that, in a very long time. Please educate yourself on Carr items and their market base if you insist on these petty quips. Know your enemy!

19. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's and handful of buyers who want one, but to "guarantee" that some DC products simply can't miss is only another example of your blind fanaticism. Especially on a thoughtless overstrike that took almost no effort and was done on a whim.

20. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Have you sold the 3 Hard Time Tokens you bought?

21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Not a one. But we're talking about the Walker overstrike on an ASE. The Broken Sword Hard Times tokens are a neat, well thought out piece of history.

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted