Another New Daniel Carr Coin Listed.....Only 13 Made !!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chiefbullsit, Feb 22, 2017.

1. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

So what if they were created on a "whim" ?
    I like to have numismatic/minting fun as much as (or even more than) anyone else.
    Not everything is going to be based on an historic numismatic discovery.

PS: These were made prior to my acquisition of the Broken Sword Peace Dollar casting. It was not until today that I offered any for sale.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I MIGHT pay a little over for it, but $200 is steep for what it is honestly.

Paul M. likes this.
  4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

So what? So IMO you're dumbing down your name and product in general by releasing this type of material. Congrats on finding 13 people to pay you $200 a pop, though. Smooth.

5. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I disagree.

The final mintage was 13. No where was it indicated that is the number sold. The quantity that I made available earlier today in my store was less than 13. Those sold.

PS:
    What did you sell the reeded edge 1-oz silver Broken Sword Hard Times tokens for ?

Rassi and Chiefbullsit like this.
  6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Ok, you are free to disagree, of course. I gave my opinion and stand by it, as I know you will do as well.
    Haven't sold my reeded broken swords yet. A friend of mine asked for one for $160, then backed out.

7. Hey the bag handled 1917 O/S are now available. Only 19 made better hurry. Thank God I don't chase low mintages any more...lol.

Update: They're gone!

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I think there will be more bag handles ones. Basically if there are any imperfections on a 1917, he adds them to his bag handled pile. So as he makes more 1917's, there will be more bag handled coins.

Paul M. likes this.
  9. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Yes the non denominational ones don't have copy, whether or not they should is another discussion but any coin that includes a denomination they mark copy.

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

"Yeah right" in reply to "good luck with it" implying that I/we overpaid and will not get our money back let alone a profit of we sell. Dan sets the market. Its that simple. The WLH is one of the better and most poular designs and his use of the silver eagle was brilliant. Making it such a limited mintage was double brilliant. These will do well on the after market if any of the 13 guys decide to sell. Guaranteed!

Fyi, you cannot compare it to the 1917 Broken Sword Peace Dollar. They aren't in the same class. Its not even a coke and pepsi comparison. More like coke and hamburgers.

Paul M. likes this.
  11. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I find this entire "defense" of yours hilarious.

12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

That's fine. You just don't really know the market for his pieces yet. You got your toe wet with the reeded edge 999 peace dollar but it seems like the water is a bit too hot for you keep going ;)

Camreno likes this.
  13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I do agree with his notion that there shouldn't be a comparison made. The Broken Sword had historical implications where that was just more of a fun product. Not everyone's cup of tea but everyone collects different things anyway

Paul M. likes this.
  14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I particularly laughed hard when he said the use of a 2016 ASE was "brilliant." Lmao!

15. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Lol

16. As everyone here knows, I am a big fan of most of Daniel's work. Even the few items that I do not like as much, I enjoy hearing that others appreciate them. To each his own, right? Regarding their aftermarket value, that is an absolute crap shoot. There are plenty of his items that sit on eBay for a long time and just do not sell for the astronomical BIN prices listed. A select few items such as the 1964 Peace overstrike always do well, although a few are now sitting untouched at very high listed opening bid or BIN prices. I think Daniel sets the retail price, but the market itself sets the true value. There are a few people out there that really collect his work, and like me check his website daily. So, while I was with a patient today, our OP (the Chief) got in on a low mintage item. I am very happy for him. Would I have paid $200 if I saw this on my phone today?.. maybe. Would I pay more than $200 for it in the aftermarket, absolutely not. Assuming these are all going to be moneymakers is foolish IMO. In fact, as the market gets saturated with more and more product, there may actually be a negative impact overall. As always, buy what you enjoy and can afford. TC

Camreno, Paul M., Blissskr and 2 others like this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Not according to Cascade. They're all winners, every single time. He guarantees it!

18. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Aside from RP ASEs the ASE series has grown stale to me. I'm kind of all for people making them more interesting at this point lol. But yea not convinced that one has a lot of room to increase anytime soon

19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Not all. Some are home runs, some are decent, yet others end up at only a touch over issue. Its very hard hard to find any at below issue price though, but it does happen on occasion in open bidding.

Paul M. likes this.
  20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Maybe maybe not but I bet if someone throws one up for $300 - $350 BIN they will be pleasantly surprised. The window was so short and there are a hand full of collectors who are doing a complete Carr issues set which isn't cheap so they have $$ and will need this.

21. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I like it, modern and classic. Can't wait to see it in hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted