Another Hoard Found, Republics.

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Mat, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

randygeki, zumbly, Volodya and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Carthago

Carthago Does this look infected to you?

Really interesting. The photos are large and high resolution so you can identify quite a few of the coins. It looks like a lot of them are in great condition and well preserved.

4. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I also like the large images. The coins look like they'll clean up very nicely. Great find. I hope they don't get stuck in a museum drawer - I hope we get a chance to buy a few. Spain seems pretty good about letting coins out.

Volodya and Carthago like this.
  5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Nice @Mat , and agreed with @Carthago ... I can identify several coins. I keep wondering how a couple of mine are in there??? :D

Looking forward to seeing if a few from this find will be brought into the marketplace.

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I love that the site always manages to get HQ pics in their stories.

7. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

I always wondered where do these coins go? I mean after they find them do they keep all of them in a museum? Or do they actually sell them to dealers to fund their programs.

8. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Many go on display, especially if its a small/local town, it's a big deal to places like that. Otherwise most tend to be put aside and I am sure duplicates or ones that they may have too many of get dumped to the collecting field.

Draft saved Draft deleted