Another guess the grade (with a twist)!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by prolawn_care, Jan 7, 2011.

1. prolawn_care

prolawn_care New Member

Ok so i have this Walking Liberty half dollar i picked up cherry picking the silver bin. I will be dropping it off at ANACS tommorow or Monday. What im looking for is opinions as to the grade, and those who guess correctly as to what it comes back will win a prize if they wish to accept! I'll announce the prize when i announce the winners, but depending on how many winners the prize will probably be of a silver orgin, if just a few winners possiably a small gold coin! If this one goes well there will be more to follow!
    1943 Walking Liberty half dollar MS+.jpg
    1943 Walking Liberty half dollar MS+ 001.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

Au55, ddr, fs-801

4. prolawn_care

prolawn_care New Member

Where do you see the DDR? I know where i see it, but someone elses opinion is always good! Thanks for the reply!

5. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

I dont but it doesnt mean that there isn't...you said guess so I did :)

6. prolawn_care

prolawn_care New Member

I see it on part of the "LIBERTY" (not evident in the pics, but i'm working on better ones) and then i see it in the "E PLURIBUS UNIUM" While faint it's there. So when i say guess the grade you dont have to include the whole DDR or DDO just a number would work. Not many people interested in helping out here... Maybe i should disclose the prize?

7. cubenewb

cubenewb Consumer of Knowledge

I would go AU- 53 for the breast feather wear and what appears to be a dent in the rim at the top right of the obverse. However, if we are allowed to guess the same answers as others, I would agree with the AU-55 grade (if you want individual guesses to be unique, consider my official guess AU-53). I'm not too familiar with ANACS standards but I figure if you apply what you might think NGC or PCGS would grade it and add a couple points you're probably looking at a close estimate. You mention "helping out here".... I'm sorry to say that my guess is more a shot in the dark than anything that can be construed as much help. I'm not familiar with WL's and won't try to attribute the DDR mentioned before because I have absolutely no experience with the sort. Free Bump :p

Draft saved Draft deleted