Another fake?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Steven Shaw, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Steven Shaw

Steven Shaw Well-Known Member

Revello likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Steven Shaw

Revello likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

what garbage.

5. Steven Shaw

Check out the 1909-s Indian if you haven't. He lists it as 1909, guess he doesn't want to attract too much attention.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

LOL. What a Rip-off !!:banghead:

7. Steven Shaw

Here are pics of the 3 other coins. There may be more. LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revello likes this.
  8. Steven Shaw

ANother

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revello likes this.
  9. schnickelfritz48

schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

This might appear to be a bizarre concept to the new woke PC crowd, but these jokers need to be held accountable for their deceitful actions and punished appropriately to the fullest extent of the law. Did I offend anyone???

10. Revello

Revello Well-Known Member

I alerted Hibid.com to the potential fraudulent listings. Let's see what Hibid.com does about it. Did you see Lot 51BB, the purported 1804 Draped Bust silver dollar, lol? What flagrant audacity and how ludicrous can an online auctioneer get? Currently has a high bid of $71.00, which is obviously $70.99 too high.

Stevearino and JPD3 like this.
  11. Steven Shaw

I went that route last time. They won't do anything. I even contacted ACEF. Nada.

NOS likes this.
  12. Revello

Revello Well-Known Member

Just some info on importing or selling counterfeit coins. The Collectible Coin Protection Act enacted into law in 2014 strengthened the original Hobby Protection Act by making the sale of unmarked replica coins illegal and also expanding the scope to include any person who provides substantial assistance or support to any manufacturer, importer, or seller if that person knows or should have known that the manufacturer, importer, or seller is engaged in activity that violates the act. The Federal Trade Commission is the regulatory agency responsible for enforcing the Hobby Protection Act. The Hobby Protection Act, as amended, can be found at 15 U.S.C. sections 2101 - 2106; see link for statutory language: [USC02] 15 USC Ch. 48: HOBBY PROTECTION (house.gov)

Stevearino, JPD3 and Beedles like this.
  13. schnickelfritz48

So, like with so many other laws, the government chooses NOT to enforce it. So, how does it sit with everyone when the citizens elect, and then the government politicians appoint officials who choose which laws they like and will support and which ones they won't. And this is just another example. You deserve the politicians you elect.

Raymond Houser likes this.
  14. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

The last/best common-sense, down-and-dirty defense: buyer beware.

tommyc03 and Revello like this.
  15. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

They look cast.

16. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

AMEN!

17. Hiwatt

Hiwatt Coffee break

So you guys are saying that the U.S. government has willfully decided not to enforce anti-counterfeiting laws?

18. schnickelfritz48

Your comment is too broad. I'm saying, let the evidence of the lack of enforcement of the Collectible Coin Protection Act speak for itself.

Stevearino likes this.
  19. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

Multiple kinds of fraud too. And the platform is providing "substantial assistance". The difficulty with prosecution, as I see it, is intent, i.e. "knows or should have known".

20. Steven Shaw

sel w likes this.
  21. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Copper lover and JPD3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted