Another Ebay Seller to Avoid

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by britannia40, Jul 28, 2015.

1. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Why? Because if a seller states to a buyer that he doesn't know what to do and needs instruction from eBay after relisting an item that the buyer already paid for and did not receive, it would behoove the buyer to present whatever proofs he may have immediately.

Come on, 4000 feedback and he just "doesn't know what to do" when an item is returned undelivered by post office? Pardon me if I'm skeptical.

This is not a package MIA. This is a package returned to the seller. How hard is it to realize that the buyer should be contacted?

He didn't come right out and say he was going to rip off the OP, he only said he didn't receive the return of one item, even though the shipment was combined.

I'm patient with anyone until they lie to me.

JPeace$ and Endeavor like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I buy off Ebay , local coin shop, and Las Vegas coin shows.

Endeavor likes this.
  4. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

The best way to have this resolved is to CALL PayPal / eBay on the phone, and not to give up until you speak to a supervisor, who will help you.

Emails are easy to write, but in a phone conversation you will usually get the upper hand, since they "value" you as a customer...

Endeavor likes this.
  5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

"Proofs"? Proofs of what; that the seller stated he was going to contact eBay? Again, what do you suppose eBay should with such immensely important information? It says NOTHING about his intent or position on the matter at hand. This certainly isn't to say that there are not many instances where it would be wise to forward messages to ebay, but let's be realistic here.

Is it really hard to understand that we don't know the entire story, and much of what has been said is filled with conjecture? We don't know why the seller wished to contact ebay, but no matter his reason he had every right to do so. As said before, perhaps he's been on the receiving end of buyer nonsense and simply wants to cover himself, or perhaps he simply wants to inform them of the issue. Mistakes happen, and it would make complete sense for him, after realizing it, to tread carefully and the first logical step would likely be to do as he did and contact eBay. It is very odd that you think the buyer should contact eBay, no less over an inconsequential message, yet in the next breath question the seller for doing the same.

Also, do note that in his initial post, the OP seems to imply that he did receive one coin of the two purchased, but later when writing of his conversations with both the seller and ebay customer service, there was no more mention of this; only either sending or refunding the (two) "COINS". If we're going to be skeptical, shouldn't our skepticism be equal opportunity? Does this little issue not deserve to be addressed, or at least clarified, as well?

Certainly, and as it should be... but we have no proof any lying has taken place even if many questions remain.

6. HOWARD GOTKIN

HOWARD GOTKIN Member

I'm glad you exposed this seller. i do lots of buying on ebay an this is one vendor I will certainly avoid!

7. silentnviolent

Fair enough Books, but in the interest of fairness and equal opportunity, the OP also has every right to self preservation as the seller does.

I'm also going off the notion that the op in post #1 said he already opened a PayPal dispute and so adding information to an existing dispute is only the logical thing to do.

Also in post #1 op says the seller information shows a combined shipment containing both coins. I'm not sure where you are seeing the op say anywhere that he received what he paid for... How can anyone claim to ship any item together with another and then claim an item was missing from the undamaged, unopened, undelivered and returned single package?

I think it is appropriate to criticize the seller for:

1. Relisting an item that was paid for and returned undelivered from the PO without even attempting to contact or respond to the buyer.

2. Only after a dispute is opened does the seller address the issue... with eBay, and not the buyer.

8. BooksB4Coins

I didn't say he received everything he paid for, but if you re-read the first post, he, albeit in a confusing way, sure makes it sound as if one of the two coins arrived. He then later claims the seller said both coins had been returned, and speaks of what he is still owed in the plural ("coins" or refund for the "coins"). If he received nothing, how did he know when the package arrived, and there would've been no reason to add, after mentioning his new account, "I gather he figured it wouldn't be a big issue if he only sent one coin" if he didn't receive anything.

Where did you come up with this?

9. BooksB4Coins

Ahh... thank you for clarifying; makes sense when put in context.

10. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

2 separate orders. The one in question was 2 coins. I know it was delivered from the tracking that showed it was returned to him. either way its taken care of now hopefully.

11. silentnviolent

As I understand it, it was a simple non delivery. The undelivered package containing a combined shipment of two separate coins was returned to the seller. If the seller packaged them together and had the package returned undamaged enabling a relisting, how could he claim he did not receive both coins in the undisturbed and undelivered package?

I did not see where OP said he received any part of his order. He said it was marked as delivered but he did not receive, and after seeing that, found the same coins relisted. If I misunderstood that, someone help me out.

12. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I think we could all agree this was handled stupidly by the seller, regardless of intent. OP has already demonstrated to be a repeat buyer. Stupid to try and shaft a loyal customer, or at the very least not reply to his message. Also very dumb to relist the same coin in such a short period of time - if not a stock photo.

13. BooksB4Coins

If it was simple non delivery though, how does the OP know only one of the two coins was sent? His later chaim that there were two different orders/shipments, while this very well could be true, simply does not explain the issue as was originally presented, especially considering he explicitly stated that he "purchased two coins", not three or more, which would have to be the case for said claim to be true. If the package was undelivered, there simply is no way for him to have known one of the coins, no less exactly which coin, had not been sent, yet he clearly does. Notice also that the seller initially claimed to have received only one coin back, but later supposedly relented and said he would send two, and not that he actually did receive two (although this contradicts an earlier claim by the OP). Again, I realize that his wording is quite confusing, but the fact he said that he (to paraphrase) "gathers the seller figured it okay to just send one coin" does not mesh with not receiving anything.. If one wishes to publicly shame a seller, perhaps hurting his livelihood, he should at least be absolutely sure to make his position very clear, and not leave anything he says open to any question or doubt beyond the reasonable that comes with a one-sided story.

As for stating that he received any part of his order, I don't believe he did come right out and say so, but the implication was made. If one reads between the lines and removes any preconceived notions from consideration, let's just say that I cannot help but to think there's more going on than we've been told.

Also, and for the sake of clarity, the OP claims only to have found the one coin relisted, not two.

14. britannia40

No for clarity the OP stated I bought several items from this guy. The original post might have not been clear. But the last item I bought was a group of 2 coins.

I wanted to wait until this was over to finish the post. Now I know for sure this sorry bastard did it intentionally. I contacted ebay by phone on 28 Jul 2015, ebay emailed the seller and I contacted him and finally received a response.
    Ebay email.png

I paid him an extra $52 AUD shipping. so he could register expedite mail it. When I didn't receive the items after 20 days I filed a paypal claim and further saw he still had both items reposted on his ebay account.

As of this morning I receive a refund for both items. this was the first time ive ever has someone blatantly try to steal money from me in my 10 year history with ebay. its very disgusting there are people that would request additional funds with the intention of not shipping anything and just getting more cash or causing more problems because they know you will just file a claim. he didn't even respond to paypal in the 10 day window. im gonna call ebay again and see if they can suspend him.

just be weary of him or you might regret it ebay name Narracan

Other party Case ID Reason Amount Opened Status Last updated Action
    STEPHEN C PRIOR PP-004-077-255-147 Non-receipt
    Claim
    -$52.00 AUD 29/07/2015 Case Closed 27/08/2015 View
    STEPHEN C PRIOR PP-004-075-690-816 Non-receipt
    Claim
    -$72.95 AUD 28/07/2015 Case Closed 27/08/2015 View

15. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

My approach when dealing with problem sellers and buyers who try to extort more money is the same as the US with terrorists... no negotiating.

16. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

I recently sold a Mexican gold piece on Amazon for $543.00. It was insured, delivered and signed for and the buyer claims that he never received it. Amazon suggested that I refund his money. So much for Amazon supporting its sellers. I contacted the USPS Inspector Service on Monday and filed a complaint against the abusive buyer and Amazon.

17. britannia40

wow that's insane

Draft saved Draft deleted