Another Ebay Seller to Avoid

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by britannia40, Jul 28, 2015.

1. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

I purchased 2 coins from the seller on 3 Jul 2015, I have done business with him 1-2 times before and no problems. He has 4000 positive feedback. His shipping showed he sent the two items together and the package arrived on the 18th Jul. I sent him a email on Ebay stating didn't receive the item no response. Now I check the listing again and it says seller has relisted the exact same coin for the same price. (how do I know its the same coin it has one corrosion spot in exact same place and the wood grain toning is 100% identical. same seller pictures were used. I opened a Paypal dispute now. So I cant wait to see what the response is. I had to change ebay accounts because moved overseas so I gather he figured it wouldn't be a big issue if he only sent one coin.

The seller is narracan from Australia and he sells US and world coins.

First 2 photos are my Buy it now and last 2 are the re-listing
    1888.jpg 1888f.jpg 1888a.jpg 1888d.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

4. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

I'm with you - certainly the same coin.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

That seller sucks.

No reply?

6. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Tough call. Have you received any response from the seller? Any refund for the one coin?

Assuming you don't get any reaction from the seller, once you get resolution from eBay, I'd neg. him.

7. britannia40

well I emailed on ebay long ago no reply. 24 hours on the paypal complaint and nothing. id like to believe it was an accident but using the same pictures to me is a big clue he knew he already sold the coin.

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Bloody subterfuge........

9. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

That's weird. I'm actually awaiting a purchase from that same seller right now. I hope I don't have any problems because it's a rare coin that I've been looking for for a while now.

10. britannia40

I might not stress to bad. like I said I have a few purchases before this. not sure what caused the snafu. I would like to believe error but the evidence is stacking up.

11. britannia40

well I received an email back from him stating both coins were returned to him that he would have to talk to ebay on what to do. so I emailed him and told him regardless he should send the coins to me or refund my money. not resell the coins and keep my money.

After talking to ebay customer service they said he can send the two coins or refund the money. what a pain in the 4th point of contact.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  12. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Forward that to the bay

13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Why? What do you suppose eBay do with that little tidbit? The seller didn't say or remotely imply that we has going to screw his buyer, but only said he wished to contact them for instructions. Perhaps the guy has been jerked around in the past and simply wants to cover himself; we don't know, but if the case, could you really blame him? Regardless of the fact that some buyers seem to expect them to be, sellers are people too and mistakes are sometimes made. Be patient and give the guy a few days to make it right, and if he doesn't, then and only then consider trying to get eBay involved. I certainly wouldn't count on it, but maybe, just maybe if so many didn't run to them with every itsy bitsy tiny little problem, real or imagined, instead of reasonably trying to work it out themselves, it would provide for a better overall buying and selling enviornment.

14. britannia40

I totally agree many impatient people, I waited over 10 days before contacting paypal and ebay. I don't have ill will against him but he shouldn't have relisted items some one else paid for.

15. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Exactly. The second those coins were returned to him, he should have contacted you. It took more time for him to realist them than it would have took to send an e-mail or a PayPal refund. Kinda shows where his heart was.

Endeavor and JPeace$ like this.
  16. britannia40

well after deliberation between ebay and the seller he decided to send me both coins with paid registered shipping. first said only had received one back then said ok sure ill send both. im just glad its over ..

Endeavor likes this.
  17. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

@britannia40 , after more information, something doesn't sound right. I'm glad it worked out for you, but I would not purchase again from this seller.

Endeavor and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  18. britannia40

its really sad he has some decent coins I would have done some good business with him. I bought a lot of coins since march for my penny and half penny sets this is really the only problem ive had in over 200 purchases

19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The guy knew you had paid for the coins and he is trying to sell them again. He should have contacted you the second he received the coins back and worked it out with you. All this makes me question just how honest the seller is.

spirityoda likes this.
  20. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

A little interjection here. Odd,yes that he said he got one coin then changes his tune with the other. Also, in looking at the pictures, with over 8000 feedback and 100% rating a little odd he would chance getting negative feedback now. People pride themselves to get great service to all their customers. As for the pictures, when looking at them, many will us "Stock" pictures to sell the same type coin if they have more then one. They just don't want to take pictures over and over again. Call it laziness. I'd say give it time since they are being shipped from over seas. When you get them you could give him a neutral because if you give him a negative, he can simply contact eBay and request they remove that feedback. He can say he worked with you and you were just a hard buyer to deal with but the neutral should stay with him.

Endeavor and Mikey Zee like this.
  21. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

You should buy your stuff on Amazon, Collectibles, Coins. Look for me under Chazz.

Draft saved Draft deleted