Another e-bay question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kentucky, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

OK, so I see a coin on e-bay that I would like to have...it is listed as "No Reserve - Clearance" and I start to bid on it. The auction ends with me as high bidder and it says "Reserve Not Met"....is there something I am missing here?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Did it have "Reserve not met" at the time you bid on it? It is possible that the seller is trying to encourage people to bid by saying there is no reserve when in fact there is. If not that then the seller made a mistake. Only things I can think of.

4. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

lucy.jpg

=> Reserve Not Met, Charlie Brown!!

TIF, Jwt708, mlov43 and 6 others like this.
  5. Kentucky

To be honest, I never noticed anything in the title about a reserve when I started bidding. Even with my first bid, it had the warning "Reserve Not Met". With less than a minute remaining I started to bid it up until the auction ended. I got the message "You Are The High Bidder, But The Reserve Was Not Met", that is when I noticed the "No Reserve - Clearance" in the title.

6. Kentucky

Ha Ha Steve...the story of my life (sometimes).

stevex6 likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Stevex6 you're a mess! ROFL!

8. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Maybe it was a mistake and you actually won it, as far as the seller concerned, and maybe the seller is a douchebag who hoped this title would make people bid higher. Send him a message if you want the coin.

Kentucky and green18 like this.
  9. Kentucky

That's what I did...it was a fair bid, I wasn't low-balling him (at least I didn't think).

10. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Report it as keyword spamming if he does it again...

Kentucky and Endeavor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted