Another Daniel Carr token for me

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Morgandude11, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

These are on there way back from ANACS plus one more which I don't have a photo of. That's strangeo_O 5c Centennial-tile MS69.jpg 2014 Shield Liberty Brass MS68.jpg 2014 Liberty Seated Silver MS69.jpg

4. Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa Active Member

Why is the Buffalo Centennial round not in a MM labeled holder with the DC signature ?

The second two pictures show a different imaging then ANACS, is that your own imaging ??
    Nice job if that's your own images .. Looks awesome !!

5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

There are infractions and there are reactions to the infractions. Usually in sports it's the latter that everyone sees and that draws the penalty from the referee. It's good to see the referees here at least make the effort to go back and catch both.

Just suggestion on how we might all help out. When we see these fights starting up, resist the temptation to pile on. Alert the moderator.

green18 likes this.
  6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

7. dwhiz

They are all on the way back from ANACS so I don't have them yet in the ANACS slabs.
    Once I do I'll re-shoot them.
    And yes the photos I posted I took.

Morgandude11 and Bigpoppa like this.
  8. dwhiz

Come on Fast Eddie lighten up we all collect some kind of dreck...heck you may even post things I don't like, but I don't give a crap if you do.

Bigpoppa likes this.
  9. Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa Active Member

You gotta love that design Chief :)
    I only recently picked up that one for my collection as it was released a year prior to me discovering DC ..
    Eventually I'll get the silver version too when the price is right for me ..

I have to admit that all of the issues do really pop in the ANACS holders .. I'll have to get around to that slabbing endeavor one day soon ..

dwhiz and Morgandude11 like this.
  10. Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa Active Member

Shows how naive I am as I didn't realize that you used a generic slab to create the holder for the Buffalo piece ..
    Your imaging is nicer than ANACS.. They should hire you for the job .. I love the reflection you created in your inages .. I've seen it before from Michael Kittle, but didn't know it was something commonly done :)

dwhiz and Morgandude11 like this.
  11. Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa Active Member

Dan is a distant cousin of "The Great Wallendas" so tight ropes are no problem for him , unless of course he forgets his stick in the car

The brass exchange currency token is just an example of something that the US could use for trade across borders .. If you notice there is only a $ sign and no actual dollar amount on the piece .

dwhiz likes this.
  12. dwhiz

Thanks for the complement but there are a lot of other folks here on CT that do a better job than me when it comes to taking photos. beside I'm retired and have all the time I want to take god pictures. I'm sure who ever takes them for ANACS must work pretty fast to keep up with the load of work,

13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Oh I wasn't slamming the tokens or whatever one would call them. Those are exquisite, FWIW, IMO.

14. cooper

cooper Active Member

I just saw the first and last of this tread. Actually never heard of David Carr but has anyone ever checked this medals(?) to see if they are made of the quality metal he say's they are? I mean has anyone ever checked to see if it really is .999 silver? Just asking???

15. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Dan has a pretty good reputation. I am sure he's legit. Who knows, he may chime in again.

16. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I do spot checks using an XRF device. The silver strip and silver blanks I use are purchased from a manufacturer that is ISO 9001:2008 certified. The occasional gold blanks are always tested for purity and weight prior to striking.

dwhiz likes this.
  17. Silverhouse

Wow, see, ask and yes shall receive. I would love to see more gold pieces struck. Dan, do you have the means to strike 1 oz. silver bars?

18. Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa Active Member

He has struck poured 1 & 5 oz bars and also struck a number of machine fabricated 1 oz bars with Moonlight Refinery & now Clark Gruber..
    I'll post some pics of mine once I fully wake up if Dan hasn't already done so ..

He actually has done quite a few different gold pieces , 1/10 Troy oz (fractional) , half eagle and 1 oz tokens and medals.

It appears we all can't sleep, so he probably will chime in again .. Lol

19. Silverhouse

LOL, well I've been up all night at work. So now I am finally tired.

20. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

In truth, I think some of his stuff is kinda pedestrian and some of it is downright wonderful. The Denver Commem (as posted here earlier) is one of the most artistic tributes ever coined. Every texture is right. Others don't quite (in my opinion) reach that artistic standard, but we agree the pieces presented above certainly do.

21. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I haven't done any gold pieces yet this year. But I do plan to make some 1/10 and 1/4 oz Clark Gruber pieces. I might even make this octagonal "$50 Gold Slug" (2.5 troy oz):

[​IMG]

I've been doing these off and on for a while now:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    paddyman98, JPeace$, Rassi and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted