Anonymous Offer Made for My Galerius Follis

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Al Kowsky, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

The person making the offer on my coin may not be aware that NYS charges 8% on purchases from Heritage, but Heritage certainly does, & they should inform the person making the offer. Heritage charges 10%, with a minimum fee of $40.00 for doing these transactions, & they are up-front about this. In the email I received from Heritage they stated I'd "make a profit of 38.3%" with this transaction, which is false & misleading. Personally I think their fee for doing these transactions is just plain greedy :smuggrin:. How many times is acceptable for a company to make a hefty profit handling the same coin they sold in the past o_O? You would think as a gesture of good faith Heritage would simply stay out of the transaction & allow the owner of the coin & the person making the offer to exchange contact information. This would benefit the buyer, seller, & in the long term Heritage too.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    DonnaML, Restitutor and Bing like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Restitutor

Restitutor Well-Known Member

Orielensis likes this.
  4. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

@Al Kowsky I sympathise with you but to be fair the MOTO (Make Offer To Owner) service offered by HA obliges them to forward all offers, however unfair or ridiculous. The potential buyer has probably looked at recent prices achieved by similar coins and discounted it for the difference in HA's BP i.e. normal BP of 20% less MOTO commission of 10%.

I've sold a few items through this system and sometimes got a 100% increase by using the counter-offer option. If you feel your coin is superior to their recently sold items and think you could part with it, make a counter offer. Personally I don't think they can afford to spend too much time in analysing each offer and the email sent to owners is most likely, computer generated.

As @lepto said above, the potential buyer made an offer of cost plus 65%+. He/she would probably consider it a fair offer.

Iepto likes this.
  5. savitale

savitale Well-Known Member

If the coin last sold at auction for $188, I would say that $300 is a very fair offer.

dltsrq likes this.
  6. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

I agree. If I could actually get $300.00 for it that would be fair, but selling the coin via a Heritage transaction for a $12.00 profit is more than foolish :wacky:.

NewStyleKing likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted