Anna Wong with Multiple Errors

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jamesd1983, Sep 27, 2026 at 9:29 PM.

  1. Jamesd1983

    Jamesd1983 New Member

    Hello!
    I am maybe 1 month into my coin collecting adventure. I started by filling state and state park quarter books. I also am doing the female quarter book as well. I look for errors in the female quarters because there seems to be many of them.

    I found an Anna May Wong quarter with at least 3 errors. 1 of the errors I do not see mentioned by other collectors. There is a die chip in the left corner of her left eye. There is a die chip in the "A" of "May". There is a grease error causing the "I" and "T" on the "In God We Trust" to be faded.

    Is this a rare quarter? Is it worth keeping? Is it worth selling and if so how much is something like this worth? It is a circulated coin... is it worth getting graded?

    Again, I'm new to this so any information will be helpful.

    Thanks in advance!
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. Spark1951

    Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

    No, it is not rare. But it is not normal and worth putting into a 2x2 flip. The value is not great because this kind of stuff happens frequently, maybe 50 cents to a dollar.

    Not valuable enough to send it in for grading. There is a general range of a coins’ worth being around $150-200 minimum to make it plausible to send off to authenticate and grade. There is the grading fee, the attribution fee if requested and shipping and insurance costs as well. All of these are considered before sending in to a TPG.

    Welcome to Coin Talk.
     
  4. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    It’s not worth much more than face value. Die chips are a mint error but they are also very common. Just put in a 2 x 2 flip to keep.
    Welcome to CT.
     
  5. paddyman98

    paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

    No

    All that you see are just signs of a worn die strike. They are common issues that occur on many coins are struck with overused dies. Die chips, struck through grease, etc..
    They are not even any kind of major errors unfortunately.
     

Share This Page