And the scams keep coming!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by satootoko, Jan 23, 2007.

1. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Fair warning guys -

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

Thanks for the info Roy. Yesterday I took a US Postal Money order to my bank to deposit, and the teller said she could not cash it and had to call an 800 number for verification just to deposit it. It was only 55 dollars. There must be some fake money orders out there also.

4. poggie26

poggie26 New Member

I only deal with postal money orders,you can take them to the post office and have them look at them,they will say if they are good or not.If you put anything in your account and its bad,its yours to eat.WAS TOLD BY POST OFFICE IF THEY SAY ITS GOOD THEN ITS ON THEM,if it comes back latter and is bad all they request is you help them find out who sent it.Most post offices will cash it no matter how much it is as long as its theirs[any P.O.money order,any post office] as long as they have cash in hand.I always have them check them.

5. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Got it. :thumb: Yep, the ANA sent the e-mail warning.

Ben

6. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I just read about that scam in Numismatic news. Hope they catch that guy. He's probably making a killing. Speaking of scams, there have been alot of counertfit bills around my area lately, mostly $50's.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Hopefully they'll catch him, or have they aready moved Savannah to California?

Draft saved Draft deleted