AND I THOUGHT I WAS OLD

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Jun 7, 2021.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I see a lot of people are having birthdays on CT!!! Birthdays are so much fun!! Unless
    of course, your getting O....L....D...Then it's awwww.....another one?....I fall in this
    "old age bracket" myself....Got the big 70 coming up in a couple of months....But I
    opened up a roll of cents just a little while ago and now I don't feel so old anymore!...
    Nope..Well...Not as old as this 101 year old Wheat Cent I found!!! It's a little beat up
    but hey.....Not bad for a 101 year old! Wonder what I'm gonna look like if I make it
    that far....(yeah right :dead:)
    SingleShot0002.jpg SingleShot0003.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Just 70???...70???? Oh, PSHAW SmokinJoe..You're still a whipper-snapper!
    Happy (Coming -up) B-Day, Youngster,
    J.T.

4. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

70 is the new 30 :)
    Nice Wheat Cent and an early Happy Birthday to you
    SmokinJoe.

5. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

You young'uns these days...

SmokinJoe and Copper lover like this.
  6. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

This Happy Birthday wish will be effective one second after your official B-Day begins. This one time offer cannot be combined with any other offers, void where prohibited, fully refundable if not completely satisfied and has a lifetime warranty.
    Enjoy your day "@smokin joe!" from one septuagenarian to a soon-to-be!!!!!!!
    Screenshot_2021-03-04 free emoji clipart thumbs up at DuckDuckGo.png

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Mountain Man and Copper lover like this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Hey, Joe! If you don't want me to include your age in my "Happy Birthdays!!!" thread, just say so.:woot:;):rolleyes:

PS. My birthday comes up in August. I'll be 74, but I NEVER include myself in the birthday threads.:)

8. Robert Ransom

Since I know I will forget your uh, uh, Screenshot_2021-02-28 can't remember emoji at DuckDuckGo.png oh yeah, your birthday, allow me to wish you a, uh, uh, Screenshot_2021-02-28 can't remember emoji at DuckDuckGo.png oh yeah, a Happy Birthday, August Boy!!!
    Screenshot_2021-03-04 free emoji clipart thumbs up at DuckDuckGo.png

9. cpm9ball

Just go to the top of the page :rolleyes:, click on "Members" ;) and look :peeking: at the "Birthdays" column :joyful: on the right side :eek: of the page. It changes at midnight :dead:, daily.

10. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

I think it would be interesting to know what the average age is here. Coin collecting isn't just for us old farts. But my guess would be that the average age here would be in the late 50s. I'm on the wrong side of 65 myself.

sel w, SmokinJoe and Robert Ransom like this.
  11. Robert Ransom

I would guess the average age is 58. Quite a few young-un's are joining in the fun, so the average might be lower.

sel w and SmokinJoe like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

At least you’re a couple of years ahead of me. :):):) LOL

love old coins, sel w and SmokinJoe like this.
  13. SmokinJoe

Thanks J.T. Parker.....I am guessing you are older than I am/will be....Well my hats off to you!! Have to say I do remember being a whipper snapper! Oh yes, I could WHIP it and I could SNAP it too!....But those days are gone....Sigh....:dead: Hey! I still got my memories though :happy:

sel w likes this.
  14. SmokinJoe

Thank You Eric the Red!

sel w likes this.
  15. SmokinJoe

Thanks Robert! I really appreciate ......Ummm....Aaahhhh.....Huuuummm...
    YES! I certainly do ....Like all that stuff...YES...I do....

love old coins and sel w like this.
  16. SmokinJoe

17. cpm9ball

The average age of all 65,350 members or just those that have posted within the last year or those that have posted within the last month or what?

SmokinJoe and sel w like this.
  18. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I'll turn 80 in December.

19. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

'cept for the real young uns, I'm not feeling so old now lol 59 in September...

Hippo Buddy O L D man :cool:

20. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

You are only as old as you feel SmokinJoe. Oh, I forgot, look, walk, and smell too! Use a lot of Foo-Foo-Juice, they won't know. Happy days leading up to the big one.

SmokinJoe and sel w like this.
  21. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

I'll say those that have posted in the last year and more than just once or twice

sel w likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted