Ancients => Post your stoned-lookin' coins (it's National Weed Day)

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by stevex6, Apr 20, 2014.

1. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Huh, interesting ...

Yup, apparently April 20th (4/20) is also known as National Pot Smoking Day ... this year it just happens to also fall on Easter Sunday (Happy Easter everybody!!) ... man, the stoners will certainly enjoy their Turkey munchies today ...

So, please post any odd looking coins and/or any coins with confused blank stares on 'em, etc ...

=> it's just for fun!! (oh, perhaps you folks from Colorado and Washington State have a few cool ideas?)

Here are a couple of starter ideas ...

rhodesa.jpg rhodesb.jpg tyche & horse a.jpg tyche & horse b.jpg
    eagledolphin.jpg

=> anyway ... hopefully a few of you coin-dudes will think this is a fun idea?

If not, then have a fantastic Easter just the same!! (cheers)

chrsmat71, randygeki, zumbly and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

I didn't realize it was 4/20 already! I may actually have to leave the house and walk down to the Legislative building. All of the best food carts line up while the stoners get high and since I don't work downtown anymore I never get to eat at any of them anymore.

stevex6 likes this.
  4. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

Double post. Oops!

5. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Here's Silenus, who was certainly stoned/drunk when this portrait was engraved :D

[​IMG]

And if today people start looking like this, your weed was laced with PCP:

[​IMG]

If you see a flock of these in the sky... you shouldn't smoke while listening to Pink Floyd:

[​IMG]

Cows surfing on dolphins... another sign that you're way too high:

[​IMG]

chrsmat71, randygeki, zumbly and 5 others like this.
  6. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

7. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

PHILIP THE STONER
    [​IMG][​IMG]

chrsmat71, randygeki, zumbly and 4 others like this.
  8. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody should contract with a country that issues commemorative coins to order (i.e. Cook Islands, Somalia, etc.) and design a Cheech and Chong commemorative.

Ripley and stevex6 like this.
  9. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Crispus looks a little glassy eyed here...could Crispus be crisped?

Crispus Obv.JPG Crispus Rev.JPG

chrsmat71, randygeki, jello and 5 others like this.
  10. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

All of these examples are living proof that mind altering substances have been around since way before the 60's...

stevex6 likes this.
  11. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

There is proof of that, yes, but I don't see it in the coins. Variations in engraving styles and states of preservation can lead us to see things that may not really be there, although it's fun to engage in a bit of imagination. Direct archeological evidence tells us that ancient civilizations were at least making wine, long before the minting of coinage.

stevex6 and KSorbo like this.
  12. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Happy Weed Day!! .... awesome participation, gang!!

What I was meaning to say was ... was? ... ummm, what I was meaning to say was ... hmmm? ... that's odd ... are those Salt and Vinegar chips? ... man, I love Salt & Vinegar chips ... what was I saying again? ... oh yah, I wish we had some Wagon-Wheels!! ... man, I love Wagon-Wheels ... do you guys like Wagon-Wheels?

... thanks again for posting, comrades!! ... I have a couple more contenders ...

Ummm, how 'bout => Far-out Pizza Guy?

byza.jpg byzb.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    chrsmat71, randygeki, jello and 2 others like this.
  13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

... or perhaps this good ol' stoner favourite?

"Hey man, did you guys just see what I saw? ... it looked like my Mum, but she had snakes in her hair ... but then it changed and it kinda looked like a bull, but it had my Grand-Dad's face on it"

... "cool" ...

ancientbullman.jpg ancientbullmanb.jpg

chrsmat71, randygeki, Ripley and 3 others like this.
  14. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

These two things go together on day "4/20" ...

gorgon snake bull bx a.jpg sandwich.jpg

15. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Well Happy Easter happy 4:20
    Hand made Usa. Top cash crop*/*
    safe_image-2.jpg

Ripley, treylxapi47 and stevex6 like this.
  16. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Nice => that's awesome, jello ... hey nice bud, it almost looks like a Maple Leaf ...

... anyway ...

Brutal!! ... yah, I really wanted to buy a bag of Salt & Vinegar chips, but when I reached into my toga all I had was this nasty ol' cast bronze from Akragas ...

akragas Trias.jpg

=> ummm, how is a brother supposed to use the vending machine with one of these stupid cast babies!! ... brutal!!

confused 2.jpg

randygeki and jello like this.
  17. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Steve I didn't think shape it was hard to photo.that what Doctors have me using and been better than anything done since I was crushed. Then chronic pain moved in.

18. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

SIDE-NOTE => I just finished wrapping my turkey with strips of bacon and then I placed it into the oven ... hopefully in 3 hours from now we will be enjoying a perfect bird ...

Yah, I poured a 1/2 cup of Orange brandy and a 1/2 a bottle of maple syrup in with the bird (I will baste the baby with this awesome mixture from time-to-time)

... I also will sautee a bunch of peeled, baby carrots in brown sugar and butter

... peeled, boiled and mashed potatos will see a medley of real bacon pieces, a diced garlic clove, plus a few diced green onions ... oh, and a healthy grind of black pepper ... then I'll mash-up those babies until they have no "big-lumps" ...

... once the bird is complete, I'll pour the drippings (avec brandy and maple syrup) into a bowl, where I'll try my best to remove most of the the grease ... then I'll add the bowl of fun back into the pan and I'll add a pinch of necesaary water, some flour and a whole lotta whisking and stirring ...

... meanwhile, after boling on the stove for 1/2 an hour => I'll toss the lil' peeled, diced carrots into a pan on the stove, where I'll add-in a spoon o' butter and some brown sugar ...

... the stuffing => well, I'm gonna kinda cheat here => I have a couple of boxes-o-stuffing ... "but" I'm also gonna add-in some dried cherries, walnut pieces, diced fresh apples and a few "stevex6 4/20 spices" ...

SUMMARY => a nice juicy, bacon-wrapped Easter Turkey .... avec stuffing, with a bit extra ... some mashed spuds ... some lil' sweet butter-brown-suger carrots ... and it's all smothered in orange-brandy and maple syrup brown gravy ...

Happy Easter (4/20) => you coin buddies "rock" ...

"cheers"

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  19. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Aloha Mr Hand!

stevex6 likes this.
  20. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Apparently I'm seeing the wrong 'doctors', they only like to give out pills where I'm at.

I don't get people who cling to the almighty chemical concoction that are pills, when cannabis CLEARLY has less negative side effects and many positive benefits.

Strange world we live in. Wish I had a stoner coin to post.

non_cents, jello and stevex6 like this.
  21. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Hey jello => wow, I'm very sorry to hear that you "need" to use med-maryjane ...

Umm, I too have had a couple of health wipe-outs (cancer x 2 ... Hodgkins)

=> okay sure ... the doctors don't prescribe weed for Hodgkins Disease ... but I like to think that I'm on the cutting-edge of therapy!!

;)

... regardless => Godspeed, coin-brother!!

jello and treylxapi47 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted