Ancients => Post your Favourite coin and *Favourite tune*

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by stevex6, Mar 22, 2014.

1. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Heh, I would have gone with the box of fishing weights too.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

This coin is on its way to being ancient; as well as the hippie generation...
    $_57.JPG

Mikenwuf, chrsmat71, Bing and 3 others like this.
  4. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

We do Ken, thank you very much...... Oh, you're talking about ancient COINS! :D

Bruce

stevex6 likes this.
  5. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

Going to toss another one of my favourite coins up here! Postumus with a Hercules reverse and some stunning toning

[​IMG]

As for the song, I really enjoy mashups so I am going to pull this one from the Rock of Ages movie. Twisted Sister Vs. Starship

vlaha, chrsmat71, TIF and 3 others like this.
  6. Whizb4ng

Might as well add another one. The gf is away and I am bored at home drinking wine because I don't want to walk to the LC to get more beer.\

My favourite LRB in my collection. Constantine I

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As for the song lets get something 'the kids are listening to these days'. One of my favourite artists is a kid named Madeon and he produced this awesome mashup of a whole bunch of songs.

vlaha, chrsmat71, TIF and 3 others like this.
  7. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> atta boy, whiz!! (wow, it sounds as though you had yourself a bit of a stevex6esque night last night, eh? => man, ya gotta love the good ol' wine-tunes!!) ... geesh, I'm sorry that I wasn't on-line to wind you up even more!!

... well Sir, you've certainly done our lil' prairie province proud, by doing your part towards making this the province with the highest liquor-sales per capita!! (cheers, coin-bro)

;)

=> oh, and fantastic coins!! (a couple of real beauties)

8. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

9. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Hmm. Now I want a Novation Launchpad.

stevex6 likes this.
  10. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

This was exactly the album cover that popped into my head when I saw your creepy owl of death coin!

chrsmat71, stevex6 and TIF like this.
  11. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I've never seen the album cover before, but that is steve's owl exactly.

12. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

here's a cool coin...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's a song the kids these days like, fun vid clip to watch also...

stevex6 and Bing like this.
  13. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

That's awesome Wiz! I love "fight songs".
    Not the best music IMHO, but that takes talent. Very impressive.

Edit: BTW, is that firescale on that Constantine?

14. Whizb4ng

I came away without bidding on anything too stupidly which is nice. The beer ran out quickly and so did the wine. Thankfully I drank all the red since the gf prefer the white. I was supposed to meet some friends at the bar down the street but they bailed because it was 'too cold and windy' so I became that guy that drinks alone on a Saturday.

Still managed to file my tax return this morning though. First time doing it on my own so hopefully I didn't screw it up too bad and have CRA banging down my door. Should result in a nice coin or two though!

My old roommate actually bought a similar type to that one because he wanted to be a DJ. That failed horribly and I had to listen to many nights of his attempts.

You will most likely grow to like it as I did once you hit the clubbing period of college. I used to not like it but it has since grown on me and now I listen to all sorts of random stuff. Like this dubstep symphony

As for the firescale I have no idea. I just thought the coin looked cool and it was at a nice price. Plus Constantine is holding a mappa which is one of my top 10 words to say out loud...mappa. mappa. mappa.

zumbly, chrsmat71, vlaha and 2 others like this.
  15. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

How about some two cellos?

I finally finished editing photos of this old friend.

Diocletian tet unfinished.jpg

zumbly, Bing, chrsmat71 and 2 others like this.
  16. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Awesome => yah, that's so very cool ... great track, V-dawg!!

17. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Those guys are fabulous! I'd love to see them. I think they're touring now but no dates anywhere close to me :(

18. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

19. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Here's a lovely little Histiaia tetrobol.

EuboiaHistiaiaTetraobolMed.jpg

The waif-like nymph reminds me of this completely charming 11 year old Asian girl... you won't believe this video of her Rush cover, YYZ played on a synth/organ! All four limbs going. Drums are triggered but she's playing the rest live.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Mikenwuf, vlaha, chrsmat71 and 2 others like this.
  20. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Nice ... man, she is certainly giving this poor dude a run for his money, eh?

one man band.jpg

green18 and TIF like this.
  21. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Is that you Steve? I didn't know you were so talented. Love the lid.

stevex6 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted