Ancients => Man, that's Bull!!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by stevex6, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Yeah @Mikey Zee , I thought you would like my statement. You kinda taught me to go after all the different denominations while collecting. Kinda cool idea!

Mikey Zee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Well, I'm still doing it...going after a few missing denominations of various Emperors....it does look cool as a group--different sizes, fabrics, colors and metals.

Hey, wait a minute....You're not blaming me for your coin purchases to Mrs 'Alegandron' are you?? Jeez, I have enough people mad at me already LOL

stevex6 and Alegandron like this.
  4. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

LOL, THAT is a GREAT idea! Never thought of that!

I am building little denomination groups by historic themes: Etruria, Capua, Carthage, RR Aes Grave, Philip II, Alexander III, etc. kinda fun. I just can't do that in the Imperials.

stevex6 and Mikey Zee like this.
  5. Aestimare

Aestimare Active Member

Hello @rrdenarius,
    I'm glad you bought this coin I noticed a few years ago. The seller mentioned 2.86g, and I imagine there' a typographical error. Could you confirm the right weight, please ?

Interesting your passion for overstrikes. Thank you very much for your comments.

Theodosius likes this.
  6. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

It is a small coin:
    2.86 grams,
    15 X 17 mm, 15.06 X 16.95

7. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

Consistent with later Neapolitan types.

rrdenarius likes this.
  8. Aestimare

Aestimare Active Member

Thanks a lot @rrdenarius ,
    a seemingly third unit man-faced bull_Victory, struck two times, and then closer to unit's diameter 16-21mm as far I can see on Nicholas' wonderful website.
    Mint's attribution is a hard exercise, and I'm aware at Nicholas' professionalism.
    Thank to you both.

9. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

It is usually referred to as an unnatural obsession, but I like the sound of professionalism better.

Theodosius, Cucumbor and TIF like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted