[Ancients] It’s Time! The Second Annual Coin Imperator Tournament (2018)

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

From how things are going lately I felt I had to choose a new avatar, at least until the end of the tournament

I will come back to Lady Liberty a bit later :)

Q

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Canada is cheering for France and bananas, France is cheering for the U.S., the U.S. is cheering for Singapore (and themselves), Singapore is cheering for a defeated U.S. champion, and the moderator is cheering for a mythical wizard... I'm so confused... :confused:

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 1.56.19 PM.jpg

Cucumbor, Ancient Aussie, TIF and 5 others like this.
  4. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

It gets even more confusing when you realize that inside Canadians are actually all just colder, slightly drunker... 1ce781ad15b5a509c101083fed3d65de.jpg
    37106483.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  5. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Hahaha very succinctly put. It's rare that I actually laugh out loud to a post but this one had me cracked up enough my wife came in to check on me because she thought I was coughing!

Cucumbor, Ryro, TIF and 1 other person like this.
  6. Severus Alexander

:shifty:

Them's fightin' words, hoser. Ain't nobody calls me 'murrican.

zhhrrrrrmmmmm.....
    (that's the sound of my light sabre, yes, that's light sabre spelled with an "re"...)

zumbly, TIF, Ryro and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ryro

Is that the same "re" sound that French Canadians make when they try to say "Amrecaun"?;):kiss:
    You know I love ya SA. Besides, I couldn't fight ya even if I wanted for a few reasons: 1-I'm a lover not a fighter. B- You gave me the most beautiful of all my LRBs. And 3-@Curtisimo asked for a civil tourney. And all of us must abide what he says as this is his tourney...and cause he is American!:hilarious:

8. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Who ya callin' "MYTHICAL"?

I may be scarce, but I be real. :)

Gandalf.JPG

RR Anon AR Heavy Denarius Quadrigatus Didrachm 225-215 BCE Cr 28-3 S 31 Obv-Rev.jpg
    RR Anon AR Heavy Denarius Quadrigatus Didrachm 225-215 BCE Crawford 28-3 Sear 31

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  9. Severus Alexander

OK, I will take the high road and overlook your taunts. Besides, even if we do end up fighting each other we'll both get medals so it's all good! Here's hoping we're lucky enough to meet. (Now to go back and change my vote in your match vs. acg... bwahahah!!)

Oof, yes, I take it back, I take it back! :eggface: You were very real last year with your stentorian declaration to zumbly: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

We miss ya, buddy... I hope you'll be back up to speed again before too long.

10. Ryro

A true Canadian gent...though any road you take is going to be the high road as you are directly to the north of me!:D
    God-Bless-America-But-God-Help-Canada-To-Put-Up-With-Them-1200x675.jpg

11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

12. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Take time to fight each other folks….

[​IMG]

:D Q

13. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

So this is how WWIII will begin... On a coin forum! :eek:

14. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

the Canadian team better watch out:

Deerhunter funny card.jpg

15. Pavlos

Pavlos You pick out the big men. I'll make them brave!

Okay I will join as well GREECE GREECE GREECE, I will cheer for myself because that's how Greeks are obviously, everyone who is not a Greek is a barbarian!

[​IMG]

16. GREECE GREECE GREECE!!! Might as well chant with you. Everyone knows I'm not going to play anything but Greek silver.

17. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

18. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

Maybe you could get a sponsor like some on-line betting company. Almost everything is monetized nowadays and it is hardly a contest if there is no betting! What sort of odds can I get the winner will be Canadian? :)

19. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Hahaha this reminds me of channeling my inner Leonidas when I visited Marathon!

Be very afraid barbaroi... very afraid :)
    IMG_5561.JPG

I can see it now. The coin collecting community will take Vegas by storm :cool::D

20. Ryro

Epic! ...though it looks like you've got something on your shoulder:facepalm:

Curtisimo likes this.
  21. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

That's just my hoplite shoulder angel. He typically only advises me to crush the barbarians though...
    IMG_6098.GIF

Draft saved Draft deleted