Ancients Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ajax, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

So it's been exactly a year now since I've started collecting coins. I still remember holding my first ancient, (I dropped it within the first two minutes..:facepalm:) it was a surreal moment. There's nothing like imagining what the coins have been through, you can really get lost just thinking about it.
    Over the last year I've learned so much from all of you and for that I am extremely grateful. Every day it seems I learn something new. I really don't think I'd be collecting so much if I didn't find this place. So I figured I'd try to give back to all of you who have taught me so much over this past year.
    I have two coins looking for new homes. They're nothing spectacular but still very nice coins. Just say you're in and I'll add your name. I'll draw the two winners randomly from a hat.
    Draw ends March 20 11:59 P.M. EST
    I'll ship anywhere the only thing I ask is that you let me know it arrives safely.:)
    Thank you all for teaching me so much and keep sharing your awesome coins!!
    3.png
    2.png
    *Coins look much better in hand.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

You are incredibly generous! Your kind thoughts reflect the spirit of the Acients Forum. Thank you.

Please do not put me into the hat. Ensure someone else more deserving gets a greater chance in your drawing.

Stevearino and Ajax like this.
  4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Everything Alegandron just said. :)

Don't enter me- give someone else a chance- but thanks.

On second thought: sure, go ahead and enter me if you really want to, but if I win, I promise to do my own giveaway.

I think the ship on the reverse of that first one is cool. What is it?

Deacon Ray, dadams and Ajax like this.
  5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

It's Seleukid that's all I'll give ya. I left the attributes out so people will have to research. To be honest I think some of my favourite threads on this forum are the ones where people ask what kind of coin they have. I get to learn more and it's fun searching.

Curtisimo, Stevearino, Smojo and 2 others like this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Good idea!

Ajax likes this.
  7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Well, please my name into the hat. Thank you for your generosity; I hope those two awesome coins find their way into good hands. I too, enjoy researching coins and writing about them too. Should I be lucky enough to win, I'll write and publish an article on the coin. Cheers

8. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Don't put my name in, but I just wanted to say that you are being very generous with two decent examples. That is one thing about this Ancients forum. The people on this board are decent, caring individuals for the most part besides being enjoyable when talking about our passion for all things Ancient.

9. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Wow @Ajax that is super cool of you. Both are beautiful coins I'd be proud to own.

Please count me in :)

10. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm in, and thank you for your generosity!

Ajax likes this.
  11. smarch

smarch Active Member

Me too, please, thanks.

Ajax likes this.
  12. KenH

KenH New Member

I'm a newby to this so count me in. Thanks

13. Odomax

Odomax Member

Yes, I'm a newby to ancients also, and just received a gift from Victor Clark in the mail. What a generous surprise to come home to after a long road trip. I couldn't believe that two members from the Ancient forum offered me FREE coins after I showed interest on a different thread. I will post some pictures when I figure out what some of these are. Thanks again.

dlhill132, Stevearino, Ajax and 2 others like this.
  14. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Thats a great gesture Ajax.
    I have neither of them but I don't want to partake.
    It's a great opportunity to give spark to someone that may be interested in ancients but haven't had the chance.
    Echoing other replies, this forum for the most part has some careing members.
    Thanks for giving and hopefully to broaden someones interest in the world of ancient coins.

15. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

I applaud the generous gesture Ajax and hope they find a good home with one of the newest members. :)

16. RAGNAROK

RAGNAROK Naebody chaws me wi impunitY

I´m out but goood boy!!! :)
    gb.jpg

17. Hispanicus

Hispanicus Stand Fast!

Ajax,
    What a wonderful gesture!
    Please count me in.
    Thanks

Ajax likes this.
  18. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

What a nice gesture, invite them over to the dark side. :D

Yeah, don't put me in. Just saying what a nice thing you're doing.

Ajax likes this.
  19. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

I'm in for the Seleukid. :)

Ajax likes this.
  20. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Thank you, great gesture for someone relatively new to ancients! Count me in (and roll my slip around a pencil ;); my son always does this when entering a contest. Evidently helps to be picked over folded, or flat, slips in a hat/box/drum. Unbelievable how many times he's won items in drawings. So, free tip to all you CTers, may you all be winners in the future).
    Steve

Mikey Zee and Ajax like this.
  21. MaxG

MaxG Active Member

Hello Newbie here. Very generous Mr Ajax good hearts still out there. Good luck to all and hope it finds a good home. Im in! :)

Ajax and Stevearino like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted