Ancientnoob's 2015 Top 10 Half Time Show

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ancientnoob, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

It took me far more time to choose the rank of the coins than it did to make the tray. I made my choice would you choose the same way? Tell me what you think?
    Favorites of 2015txtscalerank.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

That's quite a collection of top 10. As you know, most are in areas I do not collect (just cause I'm mired in Greek and Roman era coins), but those first two are amazing, especially the first. Congrats on them all Anoob.

Ancientnoob likes this.
  4. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I am unfamiliar with most of those coins though they all look like really high quality coins. Your number 1 is also my favourite of your top 10. Great coins AN.

I love that Cnut. My favourite story is as follows:

"And then he spoke to the rising sea saying 'You are part of my dominion, and the ground that I am seated upon is mine, nor has anyone disobeyed my orders with impunity. Therefore, I order you not to rise onto my land, nor to wet the clothes or body of your Lord'. But the sea carried on rising as usual without any reverence for his person, and soaked his feet and legs. Then he moving away said: 'All the inhabitants of the world should know that the power of kings is vain and trivial, and that none is worthy the name of king but He whose command the heaven, earth and sea obey by eternal laws'. Therefore King Cnut never afterwards placed the crown on his head, but above a picture of the Lord nailed to the cross, turning it forever into a means to praise God, the great king. By whose mercy may the soul of King Cnut enjoy peace."

Alegandron, WDF and Ancientnoob like this.
  5. Ancientnoob

Incredible addition Orfew, thank you.

6. ro1974

ro1974 Well-Known Member

Nice collection keep on going!!!

Ancientnoob likes this.
  7. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

Your Thessalonika is my favorite, but all are great, including the shield cent ;)

Ancientnoob likes this.
  8. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

that's a great top 10! my favorite is that one with the shield on the bottom.
    :wacky:

actually, it's gold chola coin! :hungry: yum!

Alegandron and Ancientnoob like this.
  9. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Wow, I love the fact that we don't hunt in the same coin-forest!! (I've got yer six)

I'm jealous of that conch-shell (oh, and that Thessalonika is definitely a score)

Keep on coining, my friend

Alegandron and Ancientnoob like this.
  10. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Wow, what a wild whimsical coin!
    [​IMG]

11. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Wonderfully eclectic, as to be expected of a group from the anoob Collection. If I could pick a few for my own, it would be the Harsha, Kublai Khan, Burmese conch and the Aesillas. But really, they're all either very nice and/or very interesting pieces. Except for maybe that penny. :D

Ancientnoob likes this.
  12. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

Top ten? Nice, I should try to see if I can buy ten coins this year! XD

stevex6 and Ancientnoob like this.
  13. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

They don't have to be in your "collecting area" to appreciate (most of ) these coins. Sadly I can't get excited over Chinese washers no matter how hard I try. The Thessalonica is gorgeous, and if ever you mislay the conch, check to see if I have been round your place :D

Ancientnoob likes this.
  14. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Nice virtual tray! My favorites:

1. Burma seashell
    2. Aesilla tetradrachm
    3. Harshavardana

Ancientnoob likes this.
  15. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice selection. I like 5, 4, 2, 1 most.

Ancientnoob likes this.
  16. Ancientnoob

I can take that joke a number of ways!

17. Ancientnoob

Me too!

18. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

1) Ancientnoob: I love all your Top Ten...fantastic selection. As to your Number Eleven... :) I am stumped :) Since I am truly the "Ancientnoob" here, you have totally disillusioned me with the #11 coin...

2) Gentlemen, as usual: you all BLOW ME AWAY with the quality and selection of Ancients! I love the Eclectic, but each time I study the Ancients threads here, I am bamboozled! Thanks for all of your postings and the knowledge you pass on! I am in a perpetual state of "Lurking". I think that I deserve AncientNoobs' name...cuz I do not come CLOSE to some of the offerings you all give!

3) WARNING: I am starting a thread today to post some of my recent acquisitions. Please critique and tear me a new one so that I can learn. Photography is horrible, and I am exposing myself...

zumbly, Pishpash, stevex6 and 2 others like this.
  19. coolhandred

coolhandred Member

Nice group of coins!

Ancientnoob likes this.
  20. Ancientnoob

What's your top 3 ?
    BTW thanks all for the comments and opinions.
    @Pishpash I am going to find you a nice washer.

Alegandron and Pishpash like this.
  21. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

I have a few ancient washers from Zhonguo and need help attributing them...

Ancientnoob likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted