Ancient Trajan Contest

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by RaceBannon, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Man, all these late comers. Oh well

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rudi Smits

Rudi Smits Member

1h 13minutes to go... still at $174.49

4. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

I'll go for $225

5. SKI

SKI Ooka Echizen Kawayama San

6. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

c'mon $205!! ... let's get some movement (c'mon Doug, bid!!)

;)

7. enochian

enochian silver eater

8. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Well i was in the money for the last 3min.:)

9. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Doug!! => did you win???

:sniper:

10. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Looks like miedbe7 won.

11. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

Sold for $238.00....

Anyone see tooling on his nose?

12. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

why, what did you figure the price was at 15 mins before the finale? (I got preoccupied and missed the suspense)

... I was chasing something shiny (*sigh*)

:burger-flip:

13. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

What?

Btw, it was ~$175 15 min before the finale...

14. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Man, I should have bid $205, knowing that it was gonna rocket-by that price .... yah, I thought about it, but just in case I ended-up winning, I don't have the funds at the moment, so it would have been a really bad faux pas ...

=> "Ummm, look Honey, I boughtcha somethun' ... ummm, no, it's not a new deck ... ummm, it's a Trajan!! ... cool, eh???"

:foot-mouth:

15. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

Just logged in today, 15 minutes after the auction ended. I wish every log-in were like this!! ;) Thanks again RB for the cool contest!

16. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Congratulations to miedbe7 who is the real winner here. I hope the buyer at $238 is not a reader of these posts because I hate to think that our playing with the coin caused anyone to think it was worth that much because we showed interest in it.

This was a fun contest but I remain a bit concerned whether it is appropriate. What if the contest coin were one that you had interest in buying but someone cause a bunch of crazy people to look at the lot that you hoped would slip by unnoticed?

17. enochian

enochian silver eater

Ah man i lost oh well congrats

18. Congrats to the winner! Very cool contest Thanks!

19. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Thanks RB for the fun time. I was a tad over. C'est la Vie

20. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

CONGRATS Miedbe7!!! A great guess, especially considering it was over 24 hours out from the end of the auction. This was a lot closer than I thought. I would have responded sooner, but do have a life outside of CoinTalk:D.

PM me your mailing address and I'll mail you the silver dollar this week as soon as I can run to the post office, probably Tuesday.

Thanks for participating one and all. I hope you enjoyed yourselves, had lots of fun, and as a byproduct, now we know what a big sestertius from a popular emperor will sell for on the bay even if it is scratched and cleaned. Current market price on a big venue like eBay is worth more than a price guide.

21. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Ahahaha => dougsmit, there are a whole lotta coins out there!! ... ummm, but if I like a coin and a bunch of you don't like it, then chances are good I'm gonna get a better deal on 'er?!! ... so please feel free to bad-mouth any coins that I am interested in bidding-on ... hey, that actually sounds like a great strategy ... I'll tell you guys which coins I like, and then you guys can all start picking them apart and saying that they're tooled and fakes, etc ... ummm, kinda like you already do now!!

;)

Draft saved Draft deleted