Ancient Secret Santa 2015

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Eng, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Merry Christmas

It doesn't get any better than this. I've opened my secret Santa gift & it is just what I wanted........

Ancient Coin Books!
    photo santa boks 1.jpg

Just in case my 2016 sS checks this thread next year please note I REALLY LIKE ANCIENT COIN BOOKS. I recently built a book shelf just for coin books & there is plenty of room for more ANCIENT COIN BOOKS.
    photo santa books 2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Aidan_(), Jwt708, Sallent and 10 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ancientnut

ancientnut Well-Known Member

Strange weather indeed! Yesterday afternoon a tornado touched down less than 50 miles from me and I live in Northern California!!

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Great books, C89!
    Crazy, didn't hear it on the news. Im enjoying this cool l.a. weather.

5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Your Secret Santa told me he wanted to send someone ANCIENT COIN BOOKS! I knew just who to give him. :)

ancientcoinguru and Ancientnoob like this.
  6. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

Wow what a haul!!!! Man, you must have been a good boy!!! Great generosity shown here in this thread. Way to go Ancient SS 2015!!!!

7. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

ancient coin books are a great gift!!

As Cicero said...A home without books is a body without soul.

chrsmat71 and Ancientnoob like this.
  8. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Many thanks to my Secret Santa! There was a lovely trio of 3rd (& early 4th...) century Romans! With family here I haven't had a chance to take good photos, but I will do so after a quick trip this weekend.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thank you again Santa! (and I may have a sneaking suspecion on as to whom you are...)

WingedLiberty, Eng, Bing and 8 others like this.
  9. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

nice FN...and a VERY nice gordian iii ant....well played SS.

10. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I wonder how many know who their "Secret Santa" is? I know mine because he signed his note to me. I tried to go out of my way to keep my ID secret. If you care to say if you know without saying who it is, I'm curious.

11. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

I still don't know my SS. Somehow managed to figure mine out last year, however.

12. ancientcoinguru

My Secret Santa signed his note, so I know his identify. But I took off all evidence of who I was from my package, trying to keep my ID secret.

13. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

I signed mine - didn't realize we were suppose to keep it secret after the gift had been opened!

14. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I know mine, it's been easy guessing ;)

Q

stevex6 likes this.
  15. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I've been traveling and haven't had a chance to open mine yet!

:(

16. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Yah, my elf gift-receiver figured it out because the gift came from Northern Manitoba (eh-heh-heh, so "Q" figured it out)

... ummm, and ironically, my gift came from Singapore!! (Z-Bro) ... so I also gave him the thanks-high-five

Oh, but I'm assuming that the 400 Florida collectors are all flustered because they're probably unsure if they sent gifts to themselves!!

:woot:

Cheers Bing, Jango and the rest of you hot-weathered friends!!

ancientcoinguru and Cucumbor like this.
  17. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Heheh... yeah, I didn't sign off on mine, but the stamps and return address sort of gave it away. My Santa happily identified himself, but that's cool... even with all the new members this past year, we're still a pretty tight group, and anyway, I forget why Santa was supposed to be secret to begin with.

stevex6 likes this.
  18. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I agree with the "secret" part. We should just call it gift exchange.

19. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Thanks everyone that played, there were awesome gifts given out and maybe next year can get twice as many people to play.:) want to thank Big John for hosting, great job. i think i know my Ancient S.S., the postage stamp was even cool, and on the reverse of the card had a hint to who you are.:)

IMG_20151221_160651204_opt.jpg

I want to Thank you again for a very generous gift, i went out a bought another R.R. coin from our very own Warren on Christmas Eve and its on its already on its way.:)

zumbly, Bing, stevex6 and 1 other person like this.
  20. ancientcoinguru

Oops, I forgot those cards had a fake copyright!!:oops: An inside joke for my librarian friends. Glad to hear you liked your gift and are already adding to your RR collection:joyful:.

And I agree, @John Anthony deserves a round of applause for organizing this event!

Bing, TIF and Eng like this.
  21. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Draft saved Draft deleted