Ancient Roman coin poster

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by RaceBannon, Jul 19, 2014.

1. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

I've been on the wagon for a month or two. I just haven't really had the time to devote attention to buying coins to add to my Roman Imperial collection. My 12 Caesars has stalled out at Julius Caesar and Otho, both of which are fairly pricey coins.

So I was looking for some direction when I came across this baby. Not a coin, but a poster. Only 13 bucks shipped from Lone Star Coin on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261474523781?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

All the Emperors from Julius Caesar through to the mid 5th Century including usurpers, Gallic secessionists, British secessionists, and Eastern Emperors. I thought is was very cool. Of course a lot of the coins on the poster are top shelf. But now I can post it on my wall and collect the ones I don't have. This should reinvigorate my search for ancient Romans and give me some focus and direction.

Yes, I will be jumping off the wagon soon! :smuggrin:

Roman Coin Poster.jpg

randygeki, TIF, zumbly and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Its pretty common poster. Rasiel usually sells these. Needs empresses though :p

I havent bought a new ancient in weeks. I still need Otho only & have one I am watching but I have a few weeks before it ends.

4. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

I think there is a Roman Imperials poster as well that has all the ladies.

I have been debating getting one for myself but I have no say in 'decorations'. I just get a desk to put my things on.

stevex6 likes this.
  5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yes, Ras has another larger poster of both Emperors and Empresses. He also has a Byzantine poster.

I have been bugging him for quite a while to put together a "Persian" poster like this. He could show the Acheamind kings, Alexander and successors, then Parthian and Sassanid lines. I told him I would sign up for five, but maybe he doesn't think it would fly commercially. :(

6. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Yeah, well now if I could only persuade the spousal unit to allot me a couple of square feet of wall space. I tried once with a Playboy Playmate poster with no luck. She has no sense of style!

stevex6 and RaceBannon like this.
  7. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

saw this one and thought about it, the byzantine as well. i've also seen a neat one of ancient greek coins. if i can find a nice, but inexpensive frame, i may pick one up still...have a couple bare spots on my wall that would fit one (or two) nicely.

8. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot the Greek one Ras has. Not really a fan of that one, its just way too busy.

9. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Hey Bing => ummm, they also have that wicked poster with PAN and all of his lady-friends and all of his trusting barnyard companions ... sure, it may not have been their biggest seller, but there are still a few cult-followers, eh?

... just jokes ...

Cool poster, Bannon

Bing likes this.
  10. Bing

How do I join the cult?

11. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

Damn it Bing. You have a lot of years on me and if you don't even have wall space there is no hope for me. I had this dream that maybe one day I would be allowed to put something on the wall. I can see now it will remain just that...a dream.

12. Bing

I even tried to hang a West Virginia flag in the garage, but she said it made us look like hillbillies. (I thought that's what we are. Silly me).

13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Bingo.jpg jed.jpg

=> woooooo-doggie!!

chrsmat71 and TIF like this.
  14. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

First you get a goat...

TIF likes this.
  15. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I had one of these for a couple years and then gave it to a kid who was interested in ancient history. It was very well done and well printed. In all honesty, though, I prefer larger images and consider so many high grade coins less impressive than a 20x30" (biggest size my Costco makes - $8.99 - but more are smaller 8x12 or 12x18 sizes) with one big coin (dinnerplate tetartemorion?) or a montage of several photos that mean something to me rather than the stock shots of coins I can't afford. Right at the moment, I am between coins with my photo spaces taken by my bird/insect/flower/zoo shots. I change photos with some frequency.

I get to control the wall decorations in the house since my wife controls the shelves which bear her bells. Can you believe she has almost one tenth as many bells as I do coins?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

randygeki, chrsmat71, zumbly and 2 others like this.
  16. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> ummm, is that a goat-hoof pen on that bell?

Wow, those are very cool (I bet that her collection rocks?)

17. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Very nice bells and pen! 200 bells sounds like a lot of dusting though.

18. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Cleaning (Dusting) bells gives you a chance to enjoy ringing them. Cleaning coins gives you a bad reputation.

randygeki and stevex6 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted