ANCIENT - I needed Laugh and found this - Laugh Away!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Windchild, May 6, 2013.

1. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I suspected as much.

4. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Very funny. Hard to read because I also lacked a lot of sleep last night :/

5. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

This is not funny. The reason it is not funny is that people who decided to make up this sort of rubbish picked a date after I was graduated from college with a degree in something that had not been invented yet (Greek). Earlier I read here about some of you having a computer in your dorm room. There was no possibility that I could have a computer in my room since computers in the mid 1960's were larger than my dorm room. My college owned one computer located in the basement of the Science building but there were no classes. A few guys that the rest of us made fun of played with it and taught it to play checkers. I remain thankful that Bill Gates went to a different college so I was spared the chance of telling him to drop all that foolishness and do something worthwhile (like studying the culture I'm now informed was yet to be invented like I was). It was not all that bad in the day. After all you could buy a Coke for a dime.....but you do realize that the only dimes then in circulation were 90% silver so each Coke was worth about $1.70 at today's melt price.

A great thing about ancients coins is, relatively speaking, they seem no older than they were when I started studying them (before they were minted according to your source). After all, what is 50 years compared to 2000?

6. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

The Onion is a satire website, so its no surprise this would come from them.

7. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

You're right Doug. It's not funny. We all know who really created ancient civilization.

[​IMG]

8. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

9. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

10. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I think I've seen that sculpture somewhere before. Hmm, let me think......

11. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

:yes:yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! does ring a bell!

12. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

It's a satire website...

It's supposed to be stupid and funny ;)

13. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

14. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> aahhh, poor misunderstood Pan (man, he loved animals, eh?)

Yup, that one gave me a month's "vacation" back in my previous roost (geeesh, they have no sense of "history")

Draft saved Draft deleted