Ancient Forum's Picture the Poster

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ValiantKnight, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

My Sister, My Dad, and Me a few weeks ago, just before he 'passed' (in his 99th year) A true Hero, (as are all who serve).
    Magical Snap - 2019.05.10 05.47 - 019.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Sorry for the loss of your dad @Topcat7
    But heroes never die !

Me, doing hard work after lunch, in Sicily last october

DSCN0859s.JPG

Q

4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

5. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Your father and son are handsome men :p

Topcat7 likes this.
  6. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

@Bing
    Thank-you, Bing.
    They got their looks from me. Must have. I have precious few left. (Ha.Ha..)

7Calbrey likes this.
  7. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Canada can be a cold place... but with thousands (literally) of lakes in northern Ontario - I think it's the best place to be in the summer (the fishing is legendary!)
    Here is my wife and I on our 20th anniversary.. will be 24 years this summer.

Anniversary.jpg

The winters are cold - but we keep ourselves busy and embrace it!
    I have coached girls hockey for many, many years.. I started coaching a group of girls when they were 5 years old - for 11 years so far.. it is incredibly rewarding.
    Here is my youngest daughter (16) in full flight .. part of my team - she's a better player than I ever was... an amazing kid! Pretty great photo!!
    They have pro photographers at some of her tournaments and this one was a must buy!

Katie Hockey.jpg
    My oldest daughter is 18 and just finished her first year of university - studying to be a lawyer. She's working nights at a factory now for the summer, saving up for next terms fees.. she also works weekends at McDonald's. Good kids that work hard... so far so good!! Sometimes you have to give this generation a break - give them a goal and they'll work for it. Just don't give them an easy out...

Although they think their Dad is embarrassing.. and collecting coins even more so!:(

My youngest daughter had the best line ever: "so you spend money on money you can't spend?" "OK!"???

TrajanMERGE.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  8. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

It is not the generation at fault, it is the parents allowing the Generation’s behavior.

Well done @Clavdivs , and well done raising wonderful daughters! Congrats being great parents! THAT is a wonderful accomplishment. One of the greatest contribution to HumanKind is being a good parent.

Theodosius, bcuda, 7Calbrey and 6 others like this.
  9. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Well thank you - but as we all know it's far from perfect. We have tough times as well. But I am especially proud of my daughter holding two jobs.. she is working night shift at a plant building tractor trailer parts - doing really well but also getting a huge dose of reality - her education did not stop at the end of the university term.
    Nothing is given - it is earned and only then does it have meaning.

bcuda and Alegandron like this.
  10. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

WIN_20190418_204437.JPG
    51899660_1056445181145757_841531513743867904_n.jpg

My Newest and Favorite coin
    RCC.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    green18, Curtisimo, TheRed and 11 others like this.
  11. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

I like this thread, so I'll keep it going every few months. The picture below is from the Santa Clara Coin Show last weekend. I've started my winter beard early this year. I keep threatening my wife to grow it long and braid it like a Viking! I also seem to have less hair in each of these postings. Should I be worried??

Anyhoo, below that is a pic of Glenn and Lori of Musa Numismatics. Didnt have time to get pics of the others.

IMG_9840.JPG IMG_9839.JPG

green18, Curtisimo, TheRed and 24 others like this.
  12. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Maybe if you grab your beard and sorta pull it to the top.

arizonarobin likes this.
  13. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

A selfie from a couple of days ago....starting to get a bit grey...

michael_small.jpg

14. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Here I am, telling Bruno the funniest joke I know. A15486B4-1486-42C8-A132-36E0C578A20B.jpeg

green18, Curtisimo, TheRed and 12 others like this.
  15. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Funny how internet friends almost never look the way I pictured them.

Aside from a majority being white males, I guess. Not even my assumptions about age even prove right, half the time.

benhur767, 7Calbrey and Nathan401 like this.
  16. Nyatii

Yah! I picture you wearing a funny hat with lots of stuff hanging off.

Theodosius likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

Your mental picture is accurate, just 15 years outta date. ;)

2004:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RS130-Zeno.jpg

green18, Curtisimo, TheRed and 10 others like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

Still have the formerly famous (but now-empty) Holey Coin Hat, though. It sits in its box on the closet shelf... patiently awaiting a new (non-gold) reincarnation someday...

20190920_200255.jpg

19. Nyatii

So, what happened to the hat?

20. lordmarcovan

Nothing happened to the hat. It is in the closet still, as photographed today.

The Great Recession happened to the coins on it, however.

You see, unemployed or underemployed working-class schmucks cannot afford the luxury of a hat bedangled with gold coins, unfortunately.

My first serious collection of Roman coins was a similar casualty of those hard economic times when I was laid off in 2008.

I actually held on to many of the holey gold coins on the hat for a few more years, but had sold the last of them by 2012 or so.

If and when I replenish the hat, it will be with fun and interesting stuff, but much less expensive material. I don't want it to compete budgetarily with my primary collection.

If you're gonna be a weirdo and collect holed coins and use 'em as fashion accessories, 'tis best to keep it casual and cheap (-ish), perhaps.

21. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Updated photo. I took it after I got done satisfactorily concluding a 13 hour long mediation...which explains the dark shadows around my eyes. Still, a decent photo nevertheless.

PS: Besides myself, how many other Hispanics are there in this ancients forum? Just curious.

FB_IMG_1569029904645.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    green18, Curtisimo, TheRed and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted