Ancient Forum's Picture the Poster

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ValiantKnight, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

Well, I figured since I came across this thread, I thought I might as well show people what I look like. Now all we have to do is put a sound to each other! I’ve really enjoyed seeing what everyone looks like, and I hope you all feel the same about me.
    Me a couple months back: 98AB2190-661D-4A3C-BE54-27D1F1E4C64B.jpeg My avatar: C8C0F1B7-A564-4ED4-B8C1-73FF8D9788DC.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

So young for a genius!

(Seriously, though, with the quality of the content I've seen you post, I'd have expected to see an Obi-Wan Kenobi lookalike or somethin'.) ;)

Milesofwho likes this.
  4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

It is! Obi-Wan! Perhaps he should change is CT handle.

Milesofwho likes this.
  5. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

I want to thank everyone on here for being so welcoming and patient with me over the last few months. Especially for viewing and providing feedback on some of my super low end acquisitions (haha). I have really enjoyed it.

Here is a pic of me and my youngest daughter (I have 2). This one is a fantastic hockey player. .. and yes - she gets her looks from her Mom.

My oldest is starting University in September.. so bargain bin purchases will continue to be the norm- but I love every minute of it.

hockeyKates6.jpg

6. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Welcome @Clavdivs ! I really enjoy your posts! I can see you are VERY proud of your daughters! I understand... I have 6 daughters (26-35)

Curtisimo, Theodosius and Clavdivs like this.
  7. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

6???!!!! You are my hero!

8. Bing

You're not kidding. A very beautiful young lady you have there.

lordmarcovan, Alegandron and Clavdivs like this.
  9. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

So after spending the last hour+ browsing through 29 pages of this thread, and @lordmarcovan recently resurrecting it, I'll join in and contribute (didn't see it before today).

Here's me with my son:
    20180606_183015.png

Me with my daughter:
    orca-image-1520984265148.jpg_1520984265435.jpeg

And me awkwardly at the top of a 3-story indoor playground:
    20180213_191459-1.jpg

And 2 recent silver pickups that desperately needed freeing:
    20180606_182056.jpg 20180606_181814.jpg 20180606_181954.jpg 20180606_182410.jpg

10. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Oh, and THANK YOU ALL for being such great help, supportive, and amazing people! You've made this an exciting hobby for a 1 year old noob! :rolleyes::D

Curtisimo likes this.
  11. Bing

Clavdivs and Justin Lee like this.
  12. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

@Milesofwho I'll humor you. Here is what I sound like, recorded at your request.

Do excuse if my hands do have traces of paint chips occasionally visible, but I was repainting a brown door earlier today and I still have some remnants of paint here or there.

Without further delay, here is my shrill, weird voice with my even weirder accent. Enjoy...or not!

13. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Excellent Sallent!

14. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Oz. Dont apologize for your accent. Its what makes us unique and reminds us of our heritage.

My first experience outside my tiny world was joining the Navy. There was just me and one other kid from California in boot camp, but to us everyone else sounded like (and I apologize here, but it is one of those enthnocentricities) 'Oakies'. To me everyone sounded like "Y'alls we's fixin' to git sum vittles'. That is no exaggeration, it was a common phrase.

But my dad was from Ireland and sometimes his speech patterns turn up in me from time to time. Substituting 'me' for 'my', as in 'me stocking feet'. Or, 'ting' for 'thing', 'dat' for 'that'. My wife is often horrified by my misuse of the language, but I kinda like it!

TypeCoin971793, Deacon Ray and Jwt708 like this.
  15. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Yeah. we like it too as far as you know! :D:smuggrin::eek::p

16. Bing

You sound pretty much as I expected.

17. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

You did very well! Your voice sounded perfectly fine, and not shrill at all. Thank you for doing that, and it was very nice of you to humor me. The request was made partially as a joke, but I still appreciate your work. The thing that made me think of that request at all is when I saw that Doug posted a video with his voiceover. Now I’m one step closer to reading everyone’s posts in their voice!

Sallent likes this.
  18. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

You will probably want to do mine like Donald Duck.

Theodosius and Milesofwho like this.
  19. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

QUICK! Buy some ancient coins before those student loan payments start coming due! ;)

20. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Best advise ever.

Deacon Ray and Clavdivs like this.
  21. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

After spending 20 years in the Army, I notice I am a great deal more able to understand people speaking English with an accent than people I know who lived their whole lives in the small town in Indiana were I was born. I get a kick out of the complaints I heard when the church got a pastor from Kentucky complete with the usual Kentuckian tongue. I do recall a few accents that required more practice (Maine, Cajun) but after a while we seemed to get over things like adding or subtracting an R here and there. Now I live in Virginia but most of the TV news people here have adopted a more standard lingo. I wonder if they do that on 'Down East TV'.

randygeki, Curtisimo and Deacon Ray like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted