Ancient => ERIC-II's Comparative Rarity Table

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by stevex6, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

Looks like Valiant Knight has some of the highest rarity ranked coins so far. Very nice rare coins, all.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Happy Birthday, dawg!!

Gil-galad likes this.
  4. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

theodora.jpg

Theodora. AE4. 337-340 AD. Trier. 1.9g, 14mm

OBV: FL MAX THEO-DORAE AVG, Bust right wearing plain mantle and necklace, hair elaborately dressed with a plait encircling her head.

REV: PIETAS-ROMANA, Pietas standing facing, carrying an infant at her breast. Mintmark TRS

REF: RIC VIII Trier 79

118 - Theodora (188) 188 0.0835

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    vlaha, Eng, chrsmat71 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

Thanks, bro. I am totally stoked for tonight since Game of Thrones is coming on. Can't ask for more than that on a birthday!

stevex6 likes this.
  6. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

mariniana.jpg

Mariniana AE Antoninianus 253-257 AD. 1.9g, 18mm

OBV: DIVAE MARINIANAE, Veiled & draped bust right on crescent.

REV: CONSECRATIO, Peacock flying right, carrying Mariniana, veiled, with raised hand & sceptre.

REF: RIC 6, RSC 16

128 - Mariniana (126) 126 0.0560

7. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

aelia-eudoxia-hh-photo.jpg

Aelia Eudoxia AE3,

OBV: AEL EVDO-XIA AVG, Pearl-diademed, draped bust right, wearing necklace and earrings, crowned by hand of God.

REV: SALVS REI-PVBLICAE, Victory seated right on cuirasse, pointing to a shield inscribed chi-rho which rests on a low column, Mintmark ANTG.

REF: RIC X 104

122 - Eudoxia (175) 175 0.0778

8. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

This was a double post of the previous post. Oh well, can't delete them.

The Eudoxia coin is in the mail at the moment. I have a couple more with that order. Don't want to post about them too early.

I also have a order in limbo since Rudi passed away. Not sure what's going to happen with those coins.

9. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> the wife and I recently re-watched Season Three, so now we're all caught-up again and ready for Season Four's Episode One => "tonight"!!

10. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

I wonder what character is going to get axed next. lol

I recently had a marathon and watched all of them starting from season 1. I'm ready for tonight as well!!

stevex6 likes this.
  11. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I have only watched season one and did not like it. It was like watching one of my wife's soap operas. Years ago I read the first three books and didn't like them for the same reason. I just finished watching Spartacus from season 1 through to the end and felt completely let down. Not only was the sexual nature over the top, the writers didn't even try to be historically accurate. I guess it takes all kinds.

12. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I read the GOT series and found it moderately engaging. Not knowing that the series was incomplete, I was unhappy upon realizing this towards the end of book 5. There is no way I'll remember the plot lines by the time book 6 is published.

stevex6 likes this.
  13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Bing, please tell me which soaps your wife watches (thanks man)

14. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Hey, does anybody out there watch "Vikings"? (I have seen the ads for it, but I haven't gotten around to watching Season One, yet)

15. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

I only watched one episode, but it came across like a very poor man's GoT.

stevex6 likes this.
  16. Bing

Here's where Z and I respectfully disagree. Where I do not like Game of Thrones for the reasons already mentioned, I love Vikings. I find it engaging and many times more historically accurate than Spartacus. Do yourself a favor though, watch all of season 1 before watching season 2. Without it, you will not know the characters. I have been recording Season 2 so I haven't watched it yet, but I am so looking forward to it now that I've finished Spartacus.

17. Bing

Try watching more than one episode. You may change your mind.

18. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I have yet to see either show. My cousin keeps telling me to watch them, as with Doctor Who, and I refuse too. I know I would get into them. I have alot I watch now as it is *though several are on their last year*, I dont wanna invest more time to tv.:confused:

I miss the days of Hercules & Xena. Loved those shows.

19. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

GoT definitely is sort of soap opera-ish. I still like it quite a bit for a lot of reasons. No TV show is perfect.

As far as Spartacus is concerned. There was a lot of things that bugged me about the series. I liked the first season the best and then it kind of went downhill from there.

I have yet to watch Vikings because believe it or not, I found out about it yesterday. I'm planning on watching it soon.

20. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

I liked Hercules quite a bit, but Xena, not so much. Some shows were good to me.

21. Bing

I watch almost no TV, but I do watch movies via Netflix. I can recommend Vikings, but perhaps it's just a genre I like. Whereas in GoT there is magic and goofiness IMHO, a genre I have never liked.

Draft saved Draft deleted