Ancient coins confiscated by US customs?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Gam3rBlake, Jul 25, 2021.

1. sand

sand Well-Known Member

:cool:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Again, just because someone thinks differently than you doesn’t make them a troll.

Nor does someone saying something you don’t understand or can’t comprehend make it trolling.

You claim I don’t do the research or have the actual facts but in reality every single fact I’ve stated I can support with evidence. Even if that evidence is too complicated for you to understand so you just dismiss it.

You may want me to keep things dumbed down and simple by being hyper focused on 1 very specific topic but that’s just not possible when complex issues are being discussed. Which is why it’s necessary to mention the other methods foreign countries use to steal money from non-citizens aside from confiscating coins.

It’s all relevant to the matter because it’s all done for the same reason. It’s done to make money by legally stealing it from another country’s citizens. Whether it’s demanding the return of a $100,000 coin purchased by an American collector or using nonsense laws to sue American companies to get more money.

ALL of it is relevant to the discussion because it’s all the same thing. Stealing money from the citizens of foreign nations as a way to make money.

It’s a shame that I had to explain it step by step to you since I thought you would’ve seen the obvious connection between the two but in the last 24 hours I’ve learned I need to keep things simple & dumbed down so I’m not misunderstood and so what I say isn’t too complicated for people to understand.

I’m guessing the REAL reason you have a problem with it is because you must be from one of those countries taking advantage of others and you don’t like being called out on it.

A classical troll move is what YOU are doing which is just spreading negativity because for some reason it seems to make you feel better about yourself to put others down.

I’m not even angry at you. I just feel bad for you that you need to put others down to be happy. :(

Instead try to learn and understand that not everyone thinks like you.

You’ll be happier for it in the end.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    DEA likes this.
  4. kirispupis

kirispupis Well-Known Member

Troll handbook, chapter 2:

When called out as a troll, come out angry. Blatantly state that the poster knows nothing about the subject and must be stupid. Do this despite the majority of other posters, who state that the troll is the one who doesn't understand.

Next, state that the poster doesn't provide any evidence. Completely ignore that for every previous post, the poster linked to articles that provide such evidence. The troll never mentions of course that she ignored such evidence and never provided any of her own, but of course backing up the lack of evidence with evidence would be a paradox.

The troll then claims that her argument must be correct, because the poster clearly can't understand the subject. Classic argument: I'm correct because you're stupid.

Next step in the troll handbook: make it personal. Try to insult the poster's national heritage or culture, neither of which she knows.

Again, make it personal. Call the poster a bad person. Accuse the poster of negativity. Do everything you can to lure him into taking offense and turning this into an all out vitriolic war.

End by taking the high road. Call yourself the better person. This is a similar argument to the above: I'm right because I'm good and you're bad.

Final note: under no circumstances must the troll add any specific facts, articles, or supporting documents to the discussion. The goal here is to either a) turn this into a shouting match or b) get the poster out of the discussion so she can continue to annoy others.

5. edteach

edteach Well-Known Member

How about putting them hidden in a old junk pocket watch case or similar.

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Nekropost from 2021, but also the protagonists have disappeared. Don't really care about kirispupis, but does anyone know where @Gam3rBlake is?

7. LukeGob

LukeGob Well-Known Member

I get a lot of ancient coins that come from outside the USA with the Customs Form declairing the package contains "buttons" or " item of Numismatic interest", one even said "unidentified copper object". Freaks me out a bit, honestly. The good dealers seem to include (in duplicate) forms showing (or at least declairing without evidence) that the coins were legally attained &/or on the market prior to such-&-such date. Quite a few have simply disappeared en route, though, so who knows?

Draft saved Draft deleted