Ancient Coin Talk Convention?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

Well I'm going to the FUN show in Orlando for July 13th (Sat) only. If someone wants dinner Saturday night send me an email via the link on my website.

Alegandron likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Terence Cheesman

Terence Cheesman Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I am off to the RCNA in Calgary. I hope to see a few of the guys there PS I will be wearing this...... IMG_5023.JPG

4. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Great button, I want one! :D See you there tomorrow.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

San Diego, CA. :)

6. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Have fun guys, something came up and I will not be able to make it this time.

7. lrbguy

lrbguy Well-Known Member

Late to the party, but I just found this thread. Is this coming together? If the ANA show (Aug 13-17; Wed - Sat) is a target, you should be aware that the show is not held in the city of Chicago, it is in the Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont. That is a short ride from O'Hare, with several hotel options in the surrounding area. Local transportation is less complicated than downtown, and a cab ride from O'Hare should not be too pricey (or complimentary if you are at the right hotel). Parking at the Convention Center is $10-20 for a day, plus $8 admission for ANA non-members. https://www.money.org/worldsfairofmoney

Harlan Berk is a major player in setting up the CICF replacement, and I believe is very hands on for the ANA show. Maybe Volodya could tell us what thoughts are out there for this year from them.

For people who have never met and are attending the show, informal gatherings in the show facilities seems the best way to go initially. There are a few eateries not far from the show site, but the Stephens Convention Center has an adjunct operation across the street that could work (might be a bit pricey). If we are lucky we might be able to get Zach Beasley, who used to do these things, to participate. He is with Heritage these days, but is no stranger to the venue (having trekked down from Milwaukee for many years when he lived there). Hard to get him out of Dallas these days though, now that he has knocked off the Midwestern dust.

Haphazard meeting without a central plan for time and place will invariably disappoint you and leave you wishing you had put something together. You're still a month out so it is not too late for something informal. There is a Holiday Inn not far from the Center, where groups of us have had informal gatherings before. Rooms are moderately priced (Double queens $149 per nite?)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    7Calbrey likes this.
  8. Terence Cheesman

I guess it is about two weeks before the ANA show in Chicago. I am heading out there and will be there for three days. Anyone else going?

9. cmezner

cmezner do ut des Supporter

I will be going to the ANA show. Would love to meet CT members that will be there :)

10. cmezner

cmezner do ut des Supporter

Went yesterday to the Ana show at the Donald E Stephen Convention Center. :)This was my first time at a numismatic convention. It was sheer overwhelming for me. Almost speechless to see all those beauties - too many of them.

Was trying to meet members of CT but didn't see any, except on the cta train when I was leaving in the afternoon, I had a nice talk with a guy who was also coming from the show and he said he is a member of CT. We were talking about the show and our "new" coins. So sorry I can't remember his name :shy:

A big Thank You and many kudos to ANA and all the sponsors and dealers who made this event possible! It is just amazing!!!

Clavdivs likes this.
  11. Terence Cheesman

I have been around the show since Wednesday and have bought some nice coins. I met Ancient Joe at the show. So far I have had a great time. I will be about on Friday but will be leaving Saturday. Hope to see some of you there. PS couple of purchases r77QF9bgn84S9Xo3ye8TFGi2K5Rm6C (1).jpg 4394603.jpg

Orfew, cmezner, Sulla80 and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted