Ancient coin Identification

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Nathan F, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Nathan F

Nathan F Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Found these Roman coins in a bargain bin and was wondering if anyone could help me with identification of ruler, mint etc. Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You’d be doing us and yourself a favor if you took petter pictures.

4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

CF19ADD7-0377-48FF-8005-37A84610EE17.jpeg May need to take them out of the holder for the photo. Use square screen option. Zoom in to fill the screen. Tap screen to auto focus.
    Here my high tech setup iPhone 5s

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Take them out of the 2x2's

Orfew likes this.
  6. Orange Julius

Orange Julius Well-Known Member

Looks to me to be a Theodosius VOT coin and a Constantius II FEL TEMP REPARATIO fallen horseman. Could probably tell you more with better photos.

7. Nathan F

Nathan F Well-Known Member

8. Orange Julius

Orange Julius Well-Known Member

Oh... and the one I missed is a Constantine I SOLI INVICTO COMITI... The one with Sol raising his arm and holding a globe on the reverse.

If you can... it's nice if the photos are oriented the right way. It's hard to make anything of them upside-down.

I'd take these out of the flips. They are worn enough that they don't really need the protection. I can't tell the mint on any of these as either the mint marks are worn/missing or for the last coin, the reverse photo is missing.

Anyway, I hope these coins are a start to a new ancient coin hobby for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted