Ancient Coin Collectors Guild

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Valentinian, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

Each year I rejoin the Ancient Coin Collectors Guild, and today was the day. I got this e-mail from them and am showing it to you.

Support Ancient Coin Collecting now and for the future!

[​IMG]

Dear ACCG Member and Supporter

The mindless attacks against legitimate collectors of ancient coins have not abated over the past year. Media claims of collector markets being flooded with looted material from war torn lands are endless and outrageously inaccurate. They continue to advance the baseless claims of radical activists who are ideologically opposed to private collecting of antiquities. ACCG continues to campaign diligently in Washington for the rights of collectors that are protected by existing law and to oppose new legislation that threatens to undermine those rights.

To that end, we are entering our eighth year of litigation in Federal court and have every intention of staying the course until justice is served. We appreciate your help in the past and hope that you will continue that support and help us to ultimately prevail. If you have already sent in your 2017 ACCG membership renewal, thank you for your resolve. If not, please send your Paypal payment to JOIN@ACCG.US or a check/moneyorder to:

Ancient Coin Collectors Guild
    P.O. Box 911
    Gainesville, MO 65655

Friend = $35.00
    Patron = $250.00

With continued thanks for your help and best wishes for your long term enjoyment of our wonderful hobby,
    Wayne

Wayne G. Sayles
    President

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Yeah, I got an email earlier today.

gregarious likes this.
  4. gregarious

gregarious E Pluribus Unum

huh, i'm a Moman, but this is the 1st i've heard of this group. but i don't get out much and live in the hills close to jed clampets cabin:)

Paul M. likes this.
  5. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

This is no joke if you live in the United States.

6. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

You have all heard of Wayne Sayles, former published of the Celator (The journal of Ancient Coins) and author of the most-popular series of introductory books on ancient coins, who is president of the Guild. Coins are being reinterpreted as "cultural property" and getting harder to import. Who is on our side? The ACCG!

See their (our) website here: http://www.accg.us/home.aspx

I want to see some responses that say "I joined" or "I renewed."

Alegandron, Carausius, Bing and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Jed Clampett collected ancients. ;)

gregarious likes this.
  8. Parthicus

Parthicus Well-Known Member

(Cue c.1960s stock footage of Krusty the Klown:)
    "I heartily endorse this event or product." :happy:

But seriously, the ACCG is doing good work, I am sending in my check today and I suggest all ancient coin collectors who live in the US should also donate.

Carausius, Paul M. and gregarious like this.
  9. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I didn't actually say it in my earlier post, but I renewed.

Carausius likes this.
  10. gregarious

fellow coin collectors, i meant no dis respect to ACCG, i'm am in the hills of Mo. and glad to see we have such organisations here.

11. Bob L.

Bob L. Well-Known Member

Actually, perhaps ironically, Wayne Sayles - head of the ACCG - lives in the Missouri Ozarks.

A little tribute to Wayne I posted at CCF here: http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=274011

I will renew my ACCG membership within the next week.

Carausius, Jwt708 and gregarious like this.
  12. gregarious

he sounds like my kind o people, i'll become a member too. always support those in our neck of the woods. coins, hills and otherwise.

Carausius likes this.
  13. alde

alde Always Learning

I'll join up for sure. Thanks for posting this.

Carausius and gregarious like this.
  14. gregarious

i just contributed to the director@accg. thanks to your post:)

Carausius likes this.
  15. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

I'm a Patron of ACCG.

Radical archaelogists are not just a problem for U.S. importation of ancient coins. They are aiming to impact European trade as well. The recently enacted German export law is an example. So, I would urge all collectors from all countries to support the Ancient Coin Collectors Guild!

16. gregarious

i've heard from my friend collectors in other countries saying they had to give up their coins or not got them for this reason.

Carausius likes this.
  17. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

@Valentinian - good post, sent my renewal today also.
    I feel like DQ fighting windmills when I read about how easily coin import restrictions happen.
    Cervantes-DQ.jpg
    I think ACCG gives us a better voice than we have as individuals.

dlhill132, Carausius, Paul M. and 2 others like this.
  18. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

One of my first tasks of the new year is to renew my ACCG membership, figure it is too important to leave until later, when I might forget.

19. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Renewed :)

gregarious and Carausius like this.
  20. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

There is a movement in the us among the archeological circles to ban private ownership of ancient art and coins. This goes way beyond import laws to confiscating your coins and art.

21. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

Joined yesterday. Saw Wayne speak a few years ago. Nice and knowledgable guy!

Paul M. and Carausius like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted