WTS: Ancient Chinese Ant-Nose Coins for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by TypeCoin971793, Apr 23, 2016.

1. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

These are all my excess ant-nose coins. I am trying to sell these at reasonable prices so all interested parties are able to get one or more for their collections.

As always, all of these coins are guaranteed genuine. If one is proven to be fake, return it for a full refund and I will also repay return shipping costs. Shipping to the buyers is free. Accepted payments are via personal check and PayPal.

These two are $10 each. The characters are sharper than the pictures show, but there is a bit of corrosion.

image.jpeg

This one is $15.

image.jpeg

This one is $20. This is actually a very nice specimen that will cost you 50-100% more elsewhere. The line is a crack in the mould, not a scratch.

image.jpeg

These two are $20 each. The characters are stronger than the pictures show. These are a scarcer variety with a horizontal bar over the top of the character.

image.jpeg

These two are $20 each. These are called "ant" coins as the inscription resembles an ant, whereas the previous coins' instriptions resemble a face with a large nose. This is where the term "ant-nose" comes from, as these are the two most common inscriptions of this series. The inscription is debated, but it is significantly scarcer than any of the above varieties. The characters are not clear, hence the discounted price.

image.jpeg

The last coin for sale is this scarce coin with a "jun" inscription, which is translated to "nobleman." Asking price is $40. This variety is significantly scarcer than any of the above varieties, though it is the third-commonest variety. This is a fairly pleasing example. I feel the hole has been drilled out many years ago.

image.jpeg