Ancient Aussie's favourite ten coins 2019.

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ancient Aussie, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

WOW, @zumbly is psychic! My exact picks...Considius and Juba, @Ancient Aussie But all your year's captures are a great collection. Congrats

Ancient Aussie likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

Some awesome stuff man, but I REALLY dig that Juba I...a great looking coin of a cat that has been on my list for years!

4. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

An exceptional year!! I love #1 (who wouldn't??), #4 (phenomenal Juba portrait), and #3 (what a fantastic HUGE temple!)... but the cool bricks on the Romulus give that coin an honourable mention for me. I just have boring ol' columns. :D

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 10.29.50 PM.jpg

5. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Thanks Sev, your's is an equally desirable Romulus type and a little more scarce than the brick type, I think they both signify different buildings, yours being the temple/shrine in the Forum, very nice indeed.

Severus Alexander likes this.
  6. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I never paid much attention to all the different temple styles on coins of Romulus. I was too busy being confused as to the nature of the damage on my coin. Note the raised fold of metal behind his head.
    ru4250bb1188.jpg

7. Ancient Aussie

Even with the flaw it's still quite a nice coin, I think when struck with the dies a section of metal around Romulus's head pulled away stuck to the die, only a guess. But at least the all important reverse is in great condition. ;)

8. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

As many others your #1 would be mine too. I wasn't aware of such an Erice reverse even though I've been visiting the place a year ago (lot of fog there at this time of the year)

P1220001s.JPG
    Erice - 2018-11-01

Q

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    dlhill132, Ancient Aussie and Bing like this.
  9. eparch

eparch Well-Known Member

Good selection. I like your No. 1 - mine below is missing the top of
    the temple on the Reverse
    upload_2019-12-10_14-46-50.png

nicholasz219, dlhill132, Bing and 3 others like this.
  10. Ancient Aussie

Very neat little streets and clean for their age, did you manage to get to the castle while you visited?

11. Ancient Aussie

Fantastic coin looks like great surfaces, yes hard to get everything you want on the reverse of these coins, for some reason most I've seen the obverse is mostly centered well.

12. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Great coins!

Draft saved Draft deleted