Ancient => Another Cool Cast AE Coin from Sicily "This makes three"

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by stevex6, Jun 1, 2013.

1. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Thanks, Lil Bro .... yah, I seem to be getting a bit of an addiction goin' for these super-cool Cast AE Bronzes!! (well, might as well dominate a small pond, eh?)

=> Doug and I seem to be the only dudes so far that even happen to own one of these weird lil' dudes!! (and that's okay with me!!)

;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Very interesting, Jerry, and very old.

4. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Sorry, but my "OCD" is making me put all "4" coins together ... hey, don't judge me (I love you guys!!)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

... *oh my*

=> huh, hey, so far my collection kinda rocks, eh?!!

5. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Huh? => no comments from Doug, eh? ... I thought you'd be lovin' this new addition?

Oh, I also received my big toothy-lookin' Trias in the mail today, so I will try to snap some home-photos of it (it is really somethun!!)

6. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Doug is without electric power and only gets to visit WiFi for short periods so some posts may get overlooked. I have wasted more time trying to get a good photo of mine than is reasonable. They are not easy to make look like something other than a rock.

7. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Huh, well I certainly think that my newest coin has graduated beyond the ol' "rock" category ...

I will try to get my act together and take some photos today (after I have a nap ... we had our annual golf tourney last night and it turned into a gong-show ... lotsa fun, but I'm moving kinda slow this morning!!)

:zzzzzz:

8. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Why, what happened to your power?

9. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Steve great look'in group, first coins of trade very cool...:thumb:

10. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Hey Doug. You're suppose to pay the electric bill.

11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I really like them, but so far I have not ventured out of Syracuse in my Sicily collections.

12. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

scottishmoney => I agree that Syracuse is still where my heart lies, but as my collection has grown I have branched-out and encompassed a few more of the cities of Sicily (honestly, these weird lil' cast AE coins have become a bit of a passion during the past few months ... I find them very alluring, rare and interesting) ....... but yah, it is pretty hard to beat those wonderful dolphin-coins from Syracuse, eh!!?

Cheers

:cheers:

13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> yah, I totally agree!! (*sigh* ... my photo attempts are always such a disappointment!!)

... but I have included a few photo attempts, trying to show-off a bit more detail of this baby!!

akragas 4.jpg akragas 4 too.jpg akragas 4 too too.jpg

14. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Again => here is a better coin than mine, which shows a bit more detail (eagle standing, crab-body, 4 pellets)

akragas comparison.jpg

15. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Your coin and photos are much better than mine! I can never make the crab show clearly.
    g00460bb1133.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted