Ancient - Anonymous Christ Folles

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Whizb4ng, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

Well I finally found a Christ follis I liked at a price that I liked. It is fairly rare that these come hand in hand most of the time. It also happens to be my first Byzantine

Class A2 Folles

[​IMG]

One thing does worry me about this coin which is the top right of nimbus on Jesus. I guess a modern coin collector would call it a cud? Byzantine's aren't really my thing. I don't see any reason to doubt the seller or the coin that section just throws me off a little bit.

Windchild, randygeki, TIF and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

Nice work, welcome the the the insanity!​

4. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

That's a cool new Byzantine Jesus, my fine fellow Manitoban!! (well done)

... oh, and yes, it is often very difficult to find a nice coin at a sweet price!! (congrats ... Bing would be very proud of you!!)

;)

5. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I'm still looking for one within my budget. Nice pickup

6. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I was on the lookout for one as well. Wasn't high up on my list but when a somewhat acceptable specimen crossed my radar recently at a low price, I got it. Should arrive any day.

I watched that auction because of a coin higher up on my buy list. I got that coin and the Byz was later in the auction. Since I was already paying shipping and since it was inexpensive (15 euro)... I'm gonna go broke if I use that rationale at every auction :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I'd like to upgrade when the right coin comes along.

Windchild, Bing and stevex6 like this.
  7. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Draft saved Draft deleted