ANACS' use of "Double die" instead of "Doubled Die."

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Stevearino, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Hi folks,
    Was getting a submission ready for PCGS, NGC and ANACS today since we're snowed in and can't get out. I noticed the following in the small print on the ANACS form:

"**Varieties are usually die-related, and are often distinguished with various die-indentification numbers (such as VAM, Overton and Breen numbers). Other varieties that should be designated here include error coins, double dies, or any characteristic that needs to be identified on a coin's label. General coin designs or descriptions, such as Barber, Morgan, or Liberty, should not be listed in this column." (Bold highlighting mine).

I know that countless times on CT we have corrected newbies for just this usage. What do you think?

Steve

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The form was almost certainly written and designed by someone in marketing/office staff. Spell check might have changed it too.

tommyc03 and paddyman98 like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I have been reprimanded by the older members (age wise) for correcting the proper Numismatic terminology. So no comment from me ;)

Stevearino and Mike185 like this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I actually saw a listing on Listia that said "Dooble Dye". I nearly messed my pants laughing so hard.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Maybe they mean that to include the single strike jiggled coins which they call doubled dies, even though of course it isn't 2 pressings at all. It's mostly just junk anyway, IMO, Jim

7. T Sammos

T Sammos New Member

8. T Sammos

T Sammos New Member

The TPG’ers are known to use that term on slab labels as well. 4F3425EB-BDC4-46DD-8F13-ABD6C8A3DD46.jpeg

9. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

@Stevearino- Forget the double/doubled thing. We wanta see what your submitting!

BTW: Nice 55 Doubled Die @T Sammos! :hilarious:

Stevearino and baseball21 like this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Correction: The correct word or words should be you're or you are, not your.

Chris:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Islander80-83 likes this.
  11. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

:brb::(
    really that is part of learning Numismatic.. I have notice less posting from you :(

Islander80-83 likes this.
  12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

In order to participate further on this forum, everyone will be required to purchase a dictionary. We don't want @paddyman98 to have a nervous breakdown.;););)

13. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Yes you're or you are correct! I stand corrected. Good man. :happy:

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I thought most of these guys use Smart Phones. Dish n' airy, is that what you use to dry dishes?

Chris

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The older labels from many years ago.. Then it was corrected.
    20180522_044741.jpg

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted