ANACS submission question

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Joe Campbell, May 26, 2020.

1. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

ANACS is running a $10 / coin special right now so I’m going to send it a few just for fun. I have a question about what varieties, designations or errors are automatically checked vs. which ones I need to pay the extra $9 for. Plus, what qualifies. Specially my questions are:
    1) clashes dies - if I ask and pay the $9 will they note it on the slab? I have an XF 1834 half cent. Does the clashing add any premium to value?
    2) struck-through grease / string
    3) full-steps on Jefferson nickels - I seem to recall you don’t have to ask for this but can’t find the source.
    4) type II 1972 P Eisenhower dollars
    5) I know they’ll list the Fivas-Stanton number, but what about DDO-001 without a FS number? I have 1954 PF Jefferson DDO-001 I’d like on slab.

thanks for the advise and insight.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Those are automatic, you don't have to pay extra for either of those

Stevearino likes this.
  4. Joe Campbell

Great, thanks.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Also, put the notes for the others on the submission form, if they recognize it immediately, many times they do not charge you extra.

I did with a 1909 S/hor S Lincoln, cam back on the label, no cost.

Stevearino likes this.
  6. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis New Member

Looking at Google, ANACS has suspended their grading at this time. Where did you find the $10 special? Thanks.

7. baseball21

They're back again

8. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis New Member

I cannot find their website.

9. Joe Campbell

10. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis New Member

Thanks so much. I searched on Bing and couldn't find it - on Google it popped right up.

11. Joe Campbell

I don’t have much experience getting things graded but 10 coins for $109 seems like a heck of a deal.

12. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Bing on search engine...not so good! :( (Google is your friend!) :singing:

Bing (@Bing) on Coin Talk...better than good...Great! ;)

Bing and ddddd like this.
  13. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Stay with google or bing if you want to enjoy their targeted spam. Use yippy or gab to stay off the screens of the spammers. I used to use duckduckgo because they promised to stay clean but they have been breaking their pledge and letting google data mine their traffic lately.
    Great for a temporary revenue boost but cost them a large portion of their traffic.

johnyb likes this.
  14. baseball21

With the right things it is. What you send matters a lot as you can lose more on the backend that what you would save on grading fees doing so. Without knowing what it is it's impossible to say

15. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis New Member

I think the 10 for $109 is only good for coins valued at less than $500.

16. Joe Campbell

Of course. I’m sending in only low dollar coins that I cherry picked from melt bins or found in circulation. One of the more interesting coins is a 2000-S Jefferson nickel that I found in circulation. Want to see if I can get a PF-69 on it. Not worth anything other than interested to see how little impairment some circulated proofs get.

baseball21 likes this.
  17. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

1) I don't think they will list the die clash, and die clashes typically do not add any premium. Especially on the early coins. On the toggle joint steam presses, in theory, the maximum downward travel of the hammer die could be fixed so that it should never contact the anvil die (somehow it still did at times), but on the screw press there was nothing to stop the downward travel except the planchet. (I suppose they could have had a stop in there but with a as common as clashes are on the early coins I don't think they did.)

Draft saved Draft deleted