ANACS Special Round 2

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

Just got this email. I guess it was such a big hit, they are extending the deal. To me, this price is the sweet spot for the ANACS market. If you have a coin that isn't worth sending to PCGS/NGC but you would like a pro to take a look at it and assign a grade, this is a pretty good deal. Also, it's a great deal for beginners or those who just want authentication of a coin. They could find their niche doing this deal year-round, but then upcharging for other services.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just got that, too. Wish I could sneak some tokens in under the special.

4. Agilmore01

I could probably round up 10 more to send in at this price. I barely got my other submission in on time.

5. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Hmm...maybe I'll dig up that Morgan with all the die clashes and see if they will attribute the VAM out of the kindness of their hearts (did it once before with an EDS Scarface I didn't know I had...)

6. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I missed out on the last one, I thought it had expired on the 31st, alas, they have revived it. I will get in on this one.

7. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

I submitted 20 coins the first go-round. Really just to test my grading (or lack of grading) skills. My expected ship date is 5 Sept. I like their process and customer service. Always prompt e-mails with timely feedback.

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I just received that email too

9. Agilmore01

Does it look like they are getting your order shipped out in time, and how did you do on your grading? My order still says Processing.

10. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Funny you should ask. See below. UPS tracking say delivery by: COB 9/7/16, so I'm happy with that. The grading? Good and bad! I submitted 20 coins. I paid a little over $200.00.

Several with what I thought were great toning. Coins that have been in my albums for years and never touch, cleaned, dipped, etc.. as far as I knew. They are coming back "Recolored" and Detailed! NOT HAPPY! :mad::( I guess the TPG'ers can't tell if the coins had been manipulated in some way. I also submitted a couple of nice clash (error) Roosevelt dimes for attribution. It's coming back AU58. :(

Most of the lot is coming back 65 & 66, One 63 & one 64. However, a 1956D Lincoln is coming back 67. If I'm reading the various price lists correctly, that one coin pays for the entire submission. :joyful::happy: Plus, if I'm reading it right, it looks like a top pop from where I sit. :joyful:
    CustomerService@ANACS.com
    Sep 1 at 6:46 PM
    To TJ
    Message body
    Dear TJ

We have completed your order(Order Number ......) and shipped it back to you via UPS on 9/1/2016 4:46:10 PM. Your Tracking Number is: ........

Your grades are listed below.
    It's been a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to your next order.

11. Agilmore01

I expect probably 8 out of my 10 to come back with a Details grade. I knew that going in. I am hoping for less as some were lightly cleaned and I tried my hand at doctoring them to make them acceptable.

12. Agilmore01

How soon did they post your grades before they shipped them? I am expecting only a day or two.

13. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

In my experience, grades aren't posted until AFTER they are picked up by the shipping service (UPS or Fedex or whoever).

14. NorthKorea

My experience has been similar (with the attribution coins coming back AU58 or somehow details graded, if there was any color). If you don't mind, what denominations or metal types were the coins that you submitted which got the recolored designation?

15. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

8 out of 10? Really? When I submit, I don't expect or want any coins to come back Details! I'm thinking, the last thing I want to see on a slab is details, corrosion, recolored, etc... What do you think?

16. NorthKorea

TJ, you also don't (I hope) submit coins with the purpose being to test your doctoring ability. Personally, I'll send in coins that I think are borderline sometimes, but it seems that ANACS has decided to take the extremely conservative road on problem coins. Since they don't want to be liable (under their guarantee) for problem coins, it's simpler to mark any borderline coins as problem coins.

TJ1952 likes this.
  17. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

I first saw the grades posted on my account page on ANACS's website. I'm looking at my account now. I don't see a date when they actually posted it but you're right, I'm thinking only a day or two before shipping. I received an e-mail from them, saying they were shipped with a tracking number "AFTER" they were already shipped, not before.....if that makes sense.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  18. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

44, 44D, 46D & 52 Lincoln's.

19. NorthKorea

Were they anything other than green or magenta? Those seem the only colors I see on Copper coins, then again, that could actually be an issue with my eyes. ;)

20. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

No, absolutely not! No doctoring. A biggest reason I've been submitting to ANACS is to test my grading or lack of grading skills.

21. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

No green. Yes, maybe magenta, purplish, orangeish. I thought they were beautiful uniquely toned coins, I still do. But I guess I can understand where the TPG'ers are coming from.

I didn't take pictures before I submitted then. I probably should have! I'll post pictures here when I get them back. I'm just hoping I can get some good shots thru the slab.

Draft saved Draft deleted