ANACS Question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Prospector, Jul 12, 2010.

1. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Actually 3. You, Freaky, and Chris. Two of them are half right and half wrong. Would you care to guess who #3 is? If you have never seen me say anything like that, you are probably correct. Think about what that means as to your comment.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

Can you please specify what I did wrong?

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Sorry, but NGC did not force Heritage to do anything just as Chris said although Heritage may have agreed to do because it was in everyone's interest. Also, you have no proof, aside from hearsay, that any of this happened. To your credit, you did present it that way, but only when asked.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Garrett, we were simply having a discussion in which we disagreed with one another.

On the other hand, Frank seems to think that his 18,000+ posts gives him the right to make whatever innocuous statements he chooses.

Come on, let's be realistic about this! Don't you think if I were God that I would make sure that I won the Powerball every once in a while?

Chris

6. FreakyGarrettC

NGC consented, Brian DID NOT. And saying that I have no proof is offensive.

Posting 28 times a day in the three months you have been here doesn't mean you know everything.

7. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

NGC "consented" to what? Last time, they "took", I thought. There is too much of this story about Brian that you are not telling us.

And, posting has absolutely no connection to knowing. Now, reading posts might.

8. FreakyGarrettC

I meant to say heritage consented. Mechanical error on my part... LOL.

So you are saying reading posts made by people that are not connected to this in anyway is better than talking to the owner of the coin?

9. FreakyGarrettC

And you have still not specified what I did wrong.

10. cpm9ball

Frank, Jr?
    Chris

11. FreakyGarrettC

BTW Chris don't take that as me questioning your knowledge as I know you were considered extremely knowledgeable over at the CU forums.

12. FreakyGarrettC

And if you can READ my above post I meant to type HERITAGE.

And by saying Frank, Jr. you are insinuating... ?

13. cpm9ball

Don't you mean CS? I've never spent too much time at CU.

By the way, I apologize for the insult. You're nothing like Frank.

Chris

14. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

15. cpm9ball

Talking to the owner of the coin is only one-third of the story.

Chris

16. FreakyGarrettC

Yes. And slamming highly regarded members on here wont get you far.
    You are missing my point. NGC asked heritage to handover the coin, heritage did without the owners consent.

BTW that was def not in "everyone's best interest".

17. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Obviously you haven't grown up yet.

Little boy.

Grow up.

18. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

First off, I did not talk to anyone. You did. That is why it is called hearsay. Secondly, your story has changed from something I knew did not happen (NGC took...) to something that is at least possible (Heritage consented...) And, yes, your single problem is outweighed by my and 50 other direct experiences. Your story is further discounted because I still do not know what happened. i.e., when, what, what did they change and why, how much did this Brian get paid for this etc. and so on. And, if you tell me Brian did not get paid, then there is something else wrong here.

19. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Having never sold anything on Heritage, I have no idea how their contract reads, but I would be willing to bet, sight unseen, that they had permission to do what they did. And you have not told enough of the story for anyone to judge whose interest it was or was not in.

20. cpm9ball

This is what your highly regarded member had to say. So, who is playing God?

Chris

21. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

FYI:
    il·lit·er·ate (-ltr-t)
    adj.
    a. Unable to read and write.
    b. Having little or no formal education.
    a. Marked by inferiority to an expected standard of familiarity with language and literature.
    b. Violating prescribed standards of speech or writing.
    3. Ignorant of the fundamentals of a given art or branch of knowledge:

Draft saved Draft deleted