ANACS Photo Certificates

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zpalmer, May 8, 2014.

1. Robert Paul

Robert Paul Active Member

Here is one I just got.
    This was not listed as a photo cert and I just happened to find it by surfing eBay.
    This is a Type-2 photo cert.
    And it is in the original government packaging as the whole proof set.

ANACS Photo Cert E_5778_A T2 1976S Obv.jpg

ANACS Photo Cert E_5778_A T2 1976S proof set holder.jpg

ANACS Photo Cert E_5778_A T2 1976S coin rev.jpg

Paul M. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. robec

robec Junior Member

Here is my only one. Any idea which type this one is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It is one of the last two photocertificate varieties. The difference between the two being whether the photos are black and white images or color. This can be hard to tell on silver colored coins. (Ignore the red colored ANA seal in the middle, it is red on both types. The processing of the image on the photopaper of the certificates was that for color images, but when they started using this type certificate in early 1987 they were using black and white images of the coins. Later they switched to color images. But the color processing gave the red ANA seal on both types.

5. orifdoc

orifdoc Well-Known Member

I have one, generously sent to me by the dealer who got the coin into its current slab:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

micbraun, Robert Paul and Paul M. like this.
  6. Robert Paul

Robert Paul Active Member

Always nice to get the photo cert with the slabed coin. Also to note that the original owner of the photo cert did not want it graded and only paid to have it authenticated.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  7. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

I wuld have to check my pics, but e-h might have been just before they started using the computer and so the original info might be in the ledgers at the ANA....

Draft saved Draft deleted