ANACS Photo Certificate Holder

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Penna_Boy, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

Does anyone know where I could buy some of those 5 1/2" x 4" brown or black folders that held the old ANACS ANA IGA Photo Certificate slabs? Thanks very much.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

It's not the best picture (to show the folder), but I'm guessing you mean something like the one below. All the folders I've seen have usually been together with the coin and photo cert in ebay auctions (I don't see any currently on ebay after a basic search). Your best bet is to keep searching on ebay until one shows up or maybe see if someone would make one for you (in quantity it might not be too expensive, but just for one it probably would be).

z_M3.jpg

4. Penna_Boy

Yes, I've got that and the coin but some came in a 5 1/2" x 4" brown or black two pocket folder. Anacs came in a brown leather like folder and IGA came in a thiner black one.
    Thanks for your reply.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  5. Penna_Boy

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Those were aftermarket holders. They did not come from the grading services like that. Those holders probably haven't been made for over thirty years. Only a relatively small number of issued certificates got put into them. And over the years most of those have probably been resubmitted and the certificates and holders thrown away. You are not likely to be able to find them in any large quantity.

7. Penna_Boy

I didn't think so but thought I'd give it a try. Thanks...........

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

This is an ad from years ago.
    140684.jpg

Chris B and SilverMike like this.
  9. Penna_Boy

That is a great ad, thanks very much.

10. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

You might try adapting a modern day badge wallet for your coins - lots of styles to choose from, here's one example:

avengers-nick-fury-id-set-slipcase-distintivo-da-shield-D_NQ_NP_904257-MLB25902728027_082017-F.jpg

Penna_Boy likes this.
  11. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

I bought one of these this year from my local shop, a 1921 peace dollar, the coin came in a thin plastic capsule, I will not encapsulate it, like it just as it came...love the old photo and cert. Like Condor101 said, those jackets were aftermarket...I keep mine in a zip lock bag, works fine!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Penna_Boy likes this.
  12. Penna_Boy

Thanks very much everyone. :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted