ANACS Grading Deal for Buffalo Nickels 10 for $80

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cplradar, Sep 18, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

That is really a bargain to bullalos and hard to pass up.

eight bucks per coin!

GH#75 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

That is a great deal but I only have about 6 to be done. All are two feather varieties in mid grade.

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

buy more..

GH#75 and tommyc03 like this.
  5. delila1

delila1 Undermedicated psychiatric patient

The only issue I think you have is that collectors like me Are only willing to buy Pcgs and Ngc Graded coins and so by putting them in an anacs holder you are
    Putting yourself in a situation where you lose coin collectors interest and thus have a smaller market to get try and gain value from. You may save money on the grading fees but I personally believe you lose value in the end product of an anacs graded coin vs the big two

6. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I don’t see any issue as the coins are raw now and they could be sold more easily once graded. In addition, what happened to “buy the coin not the holder”…?

tibor likes this.
  7. delila1

delila1 Undermedicated psychiatric patient

If you’re going to holder a coin you would want to make sure you put it in a holder that people purchased. why spend any money to put a coin in a holder to sell it raw anyways. There’s lots of cheaper coin holders on the market.

like you said if it’s buy the coin not the holder then why would you put them in a anacs holder at all? It costs extra money if you’re selling the raw that I would then spend that money buying more coins and cheaper holders. There are lots of things you can put your coins into to protect them that are cheaper than this

AdamL likes this.
  8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

If you plan to sell the coins go with PCGS or NGC. If you plan to hold them, $8 is a great deal for an opinion and a nice holder.
    The bigger question is if the coins have enough value to even bother with having them in a slab.

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Personally I have had no problem selling varieties and error in ANACS holders. But being a niche market with these coins, I have to wait until I find the right person at the right time. I also find that selling any coin in a ICG holder nearly impossible. Selling high value non variety/error coins would then become my choice towards the top two.

Draft saved Draft deleted