ANACS freebies - What did you submit?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by H8_modern, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

On their website, this offer has a 10 piece minimum.

Rob

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

Mine was delivered as noted by USPS tracking and confirmed by end of the same day, today:

"Valued Customer,

Thank you for your most recent submission. We have received your coins and they are currently being processed. You will receive an auto-generated email once your order has been finalized, including tracking information and grade results.

You can track the progress of your submission by registering at..."

4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I checked the website today, and they finally have it on there. I never got an email though, weird. Does it show all the steps in the process like NGC does, or does it just show when they are done?

5. Teddydogno1

If I send them my 1955 Franklin half, will they automatically check to see if it is "FBL"? Or to I have to ask them to check and pay a fee for that?

EDIT: I think I found the answer to my question in their grading FAQ. The "FBL" designation would be a "superlative" and NOT a variety! No extra charge to check for this, then, I guess.

Rob

silentnviolent likes this.
  6. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I'm just happy that my order is in process. I shipped USPS priority and tracking had it delivered to their PO box on 12-31. Of course they were closed and didn't reopen until Monday when they began to dig out from under the pile of submissions they received. It wasn't until late Tuesday afternoon that my order showed up in their system. I was nervous because I rolled the dice and didn't pay for extra insurance. I would have been bummed to be compensated $50 for ~$1600 worth of coins.

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Sounds like it will just be updated when they finalize the order, no as it moves through stages of the grading process. Maybe Tommy or others can speak to this point more specifically.

8. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Mailed my 2 coins 12-30-2014. Status says they opened it 1-5-2015,
    Expected Ship Date*
    1/27/2015

9. Tamaracian

Tamaracian 12+ Yr Member--Supporter

A Discovery Piece is the first coin attributed as a NEW Variety in a particular series. With Morgans and Peace Dollars, it is Leroy Van Allen who would "bless it" and assign the VAM Number--if it qualifies.

The first step would be to take a detailed photo of both sides of the coin, and a close-up of the area(s) that you believe are different from a Regular Circulation Strike (VAM-1), and then post that info on the VAMWorld website for commentary from that community of experts. If their response is that they do not recognize it as an EXISTING VAM, then you can safely submit it to Mr. Van Allen--the instructiona are on the VAMWorld or SSDC websites. Good Luck!

Tater likes this.
  10. Falconetti

Falconetti Member

I mailed my 2 coins yesterday .One was a 1887-s liberty head half eagle and the other was a 1908 -p Indian half eagle .

11. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

so to get 2 coins graded for free it's just $21 plus the shipping charges to mail it?

12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Right you are

13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Open Date
    12/24/2014 12:08:20 PM
    Expected Ship Date* (shipped 1/9/2014)
    1/14/2015
    Item Date Mint Denom Variety Grade Shipped Date Carrier Tracking
    4839898 1926 50C SESQUI 12 1/9/2015 USPS-Reg Mail Finalizing
    4839899 1923 S 50C MONROE 12 1/9/2015 USPS-Reg Mail Finalizing

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  14. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

My coins have been graded, and I was notified that they shipped

15. Teddydogno1

Got notice that my coins were received!

Rob

16. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

How long did it take them? Does it show the grades online, or do you have to wait until you get them to see?

17. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

They took about ten days, the email they sent me had the grades listed on them

jwitten likes this.
  18. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Got my two coins back today, in a gigantic box. I wish TPG's would use more common sense when shipping, to save us money on the return shipping. A gigantic box, with no bubble wrap or filler, just one little package bouncing around.

P1141142.JPG P1141143.JPG P1141144.JPG

krispy, McBlzr, Tater and 2 others like this.
  19. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I received confirmation that mine arrived on Jan. 12th.

20. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

thanks I'll have to take some pics and post after I sign up to be part of the forum.

21. Teddydogno1

FedEx doesn't charge based on box size, but I get your point about having the box fit the contents.

Are you happy with those grades? Agree with them? Looks like the start of a condition-matched type set! All $5 gold in MS61.

Rob

Draft saved Draft deleted