ANA ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bigbruiser94, Apr 11, 2015.

1. bigbruiser94

bigbruiser94 Active Member

I recently won a 1yr gold membership for the ANA. My question is can you get coins graded through the ANA?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Last I heard NGC was their annointed grading service.

4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

mikenoodle likes this.
  5. bigbruiser94

OK thanks ken that helped out

ken454 likes this.
  6. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Actually it's the other way. You can join NGC's collector's club for $0 as an ANA member [they ask for your member #] and the you can submit coins for the usual fees. So it saves you the club membership fee, but you don't get the 'free' gradings. Otherwise you are treated the same.

Nice perk

mikenoodle likes this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

One difference - only "paid" members may drop off coins at shows; the freebie ANA associate members may not - they may ship to NGC only. It's why I upgraded to a paid membership.

8. Burton Strauss III

Really? I've dropped off at ANA last August and at PNG/Dallas this February...

9. bigbruiser94

Being able to drop them off don't matter much to me the coin shows never get close enough for me to go

10. V. Kurt Bellman

Nice. But they told me "paid members only" the month before last summer's ANA, so I joined, just to be able to get a pair of show label clad Kennedys done for my kid.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

LOL! I live near Philly, but I went to Portland last month. Oddly, I've never been to a PAN show, east of Pittsburgh, because they're a pain to get to. My medical condition makes long car trips an issue, but flying and trains are cool.

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I believe the ANA members can't track their submissions on NGC's website either.

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

This is true. But those sweet ladies on the other end of the phone have an absolutely delightful method of informing you! Always a pleasure to deal with.

14. Burton Strauss III

That is DEFINITELY untrue. I tracked my Mar 2015 submission w/o problem. I have the same six month invoice history as anybody else. In fact, I've never been treated differently in any way.

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Burton, seems like NGC thinks you are a paid member. Does your member number begin with "CS"? My ANA NGC number did not. My paid one does.

16. Burton Strauss III

Yes, it begins CS... I'm an ANA life member too if that means anything.

My membership level is clearly shown as ANA Submitter and the icon for order tracking is shown too...

(edit for spelling. I used to spell badly, THEN I got a tablet and voice recognition)

17. V. Kurt Bellman

Interesting. Perhaps a status bump for life members? If so, it's a wonderful idea, IMO.

18. Burton Strauss III

Doubt it, at least there's no indication of that on the site:

ngc membership.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted