ANA Membership

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Indianhead65, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

I just joined the ANA....again. I thought there was an approval process you had to wait for, then they notified you if you were accepted or not.. I paid for the Gold Membership and I was instantly a member. Plus I used to get The Numismatist magazine.. Now you have to be a Platinum Member to get the printed version, as a Gold Member I only have access to the online version. Boy, things have sure changed there. They must be desperate for members I guess. Has anyone else joined the ANA recently?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

ANA dropped the requirement for a sponsor like 1,000 years ago.

I remember when I joined I was sponsored by somebody like Harmer & Rooke or Stacks (I forget which) because they were the LCS.

4. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I've only been a member for about 10 years but I didn't need a sponsor. Since the time I joined Platinum members were the only ones to receive a physical copy of the magazine.

They are trying to change with the times. Not everyone (younger people) want a physical magazine.

5. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

I just "renewed" my membership after about 6yrs away (just couldn't afford it) and pretty much the same instant approval.. I just assumed it was because I was a prior member as my number didn't change.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

ANA recently offered a 1 year free membership. I took advantage of the offer and I'll probably renew it next year if I like it. I believe it offers access to the digital version of the magazine. I have to read the agreement to see what other benefits there are.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  7. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Been a member since 1980. Been to the headquarters twice. For me the membership is a good one. I don't pay attention to the "politics", just use
    the library and its resources. This past winter in Atlanta, the mid winter
    show, I dropped off several coins for grading with NGC. Since I am an ANA
    member I only had to pay the grading fees. Didn't have to jump thru the
    hoops of joining the "NGC club". In my opinion the magazine "The Numismatist"
    is well worth the membership fee. I get the printed copy every month and
    I can re-read it at my leasure. I take old copies with me and leave them at
    the courtesy desk at the shows.

8. VRSilver

VRSilver Member

I don't get the printed Numismatist anymore bc I didn't really want it. Not as much into the clutter nowadays. I upped for Life Member on my 25th anniversary 3 years ago.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Chris B and Indianhead65 like this.
  9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I actually joined the ANA many years ago, just for the Hugh Wood insurance. After joining I was really happy with everything else that comes with it.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  10. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Been a member for quite awhile. I get the print magazine as I’m not for reading online

Indianhead65 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted