ANA Atlanta: Day 2

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Mar 1, 2014.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Friday was attended about the same as Thursday, but the public was able to come in at 10 am instead of 1 pm like the previous day (which makes for a momentum killer on opening day if you ask me).
    Most dealers I spoke to said that the dealer-to-dealer trading was AMAZING, but the public seemed to be sparse - mostly people selling rather than buying. Still, that wasn't true for me. I friend of mine purchased a 1796 draped bust half in NGC F-12 and tried to cross it over to PCGS for at least a VG-10. They turned it down. He was upset to say the least, because he could not add it to his registry set.
    I got to visit with Amanda, our ever-so-pleasant CT redhead, which was delightful. And I tried to see the new gold coin hoard. Every time I got near the case, however, someone would butt in with their cell phone camera in front of me. So after nearly getting knocked down by one guy, I just shrugged and started shopping again. Here are a few of my purchases from day 2:
    DSCN4822.JPG DSCN4824.JPG DSCN4802.JPG DSCN4804.JPG DSCN4841.JPG DSCN4843.JPG DSCN4878.JPG DSCN4880.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Gotta throw this one in there too, even though I bought it off eBay the day before I left. It was a buy-it-now/best offer for $689. As soon as I saw it I bought it outright. PCGS coin values lists it at $1300! It was waiting for me when I got home later Friday night.
    DSCN4867.JPG DSCN4873.JPG

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Beautiful stuff. Love CB coinage.

5. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

The 1817/3 is a screamer of a buy at $689!

CBJesse likes this.
  6. aubade21

aubade21 Well-Known Member

*Whistle* Nice job CBD!
    You have a good eye. I think you've done very well for yourself in Atlanta!

7. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

What he said! Good looking "Patched 3", as well.

Jesse

8. Amanda Varner

Amanda Varner Well-Known Member

Nice pick ups!!

And it's always a pleasure to see you as well! I hope to be able to visit you at your own table one of these days! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted