An object lesson in numismatic precision

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SuperDave, Feb 3, 2017.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

No.... i wasnt dogging the fact he chose a Lincoln for his Major purchase, more like disappointed that it WASNT a Morgan dollar.
    Since Dave is sort of like a numismatic super hero 'round these parts, Morgans being his specialty. Now, idk how this thread turned into THIS, but im not here to have a pissing contest with you over who's coin is better.
    To now say the American West was overhyped and compare it to street punks in Chi-town, thats going overboard man.
    Whats a matter w you Kurt? Is your doctor weening you down off of xanax?

Paul M. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

And for you, the proper term is "Hear. Hear."

4. V. Kurt Bellman

What, pray tell, is the relevant difference between modern day Chicago thug culture (or fill in whatever city) and the romanticized "old West"? I've looked really intently for one, and I can't find it. The best I can find is "better movies".

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

1280px-Bison_skull_pile_edit.jpg

Bison skulls, shot for nothing other than people had the ability to shoot them. That's what the American West was like in the latter part of the Nineteenth Century.

6. V. Kurt Bellman

Dave, you've seen me "live and in person", like at the October 2016 Mint forum. I DON'T BACK DOWN. That wasn't for show - that's me. I use words like swords intentionally. "Snowflakes" need not apply.

Dynoking and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

So then I'm supposed to feel all warm and toasty about the near extinction of a major bovine class animal? I'm tempted to draw parallels between your post and the "grip held sideways" handgun marksmanship on display in our major cities, but I'll not sink that low.

Human ignorance abounds in both cases.

8. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Being from a bigger city, i COULD tell you the difference. Although 1) you probably wouldnt understand it. 2) i would no doubt come off as a racist and 3) im done & done playing this little game w you;)

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

That will be enough gentlemen !

Dynoking likes this.
  10. RAGNAROK

RAGNAROK Naebody chaws me wi impunitY

Terrifying image and the sad future of our planet... :(

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

HEY! I started out collecting nickels. Did the Jeffersons, then the V nickels , then the shield, the buffalos, the three cent nickels, the seated half dimes. THEN I moved into early copper.

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  12. V. Kurt Bellman

Didn't you get the Bullionista Gazette? Only gold and silver matter. :rolleyes:

13. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

My apologies @SuperDave for the way your thread was hijacked. I am bowing out of the heated discussion above, I could certainly add more, but will not. I will say congratulations for finally receiving your highly anticipated Lincoln Cent. It's a beauty and worthy of your collection. :)

Dynoking and heavycam.monstervam like this.
  14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

@SuperDave

Where is the Lincoln posted?

RonSanderson likes this.
  15. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

It's his avatar, santinidollar

Santinidollar likes this.
  16. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

Santinidollar likes this.
  17. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

At least in his own mind :) BTW Dave, lovely coin.

18. ToppCatt

ToppCatt ToppCatt

Who mentioned Lincoln?

V. Kurt Bellman likes this.
  19. SuperDave

Meanwhile, speaking of precision....

The slab is presenting difficulties; it appears I'm going to have to wetsand it because I'm not going after it with polishing compound sufficiently gritty to do the job that needs to be done.
    The coin is wonderful, but the slab was so bad I'm having to wetsand it even before polishing. I tried just polish last night, and didn't get there. Tonight I'm bringing some paper home from work and will have at it. Hopefully I'll have images tomorrow night - I don't shoot during daylight.

Paul M. and Santinidollar like this.
  20. SuperDave

Y'know, nothin' from nothin' but this won't even be the first 1910-S in PCGS66RB posted here in the last couple months. The other guy didn't get all this attention. :p

Santinidollar and mikenoodle like this.
  21. V. Kurt Bellman

The other guy doesn't write as well as you do. Have you considered getting it re-slabbed by the same service?

Draft saved Draft deleted