An Interesting Find...1920 Hexagram?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by TinMan88, Jul 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TinMan88

TinMan88 New Member

After cleaning out my mothers basement we found a box full of old coins that belonged to a great grandfather. This 1920s no mint penny is likely worthless but nonetheless unique. Any ideas what this hexagram symbol means? I've checked out pagan, occult and Solomon Seals to get the meaning behind it but have found nothing.
    upload_2021-7-14_11-28-4.jpeg upload_2021-7-14_11-28-34.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Not sure what that means but it sure is a cool coin! Definitely hand engraved but I don't think it classifies as a love token...

TinMan88 likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Thats Beautiful work and on a 100+ year old wheatie I'll take that any day.My guess would be possibly the star of David.

TinMan88 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Cool Coin !! :happy:

TinMan88 likes this.
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

neat item

TinMan88 likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CT. Very nice "art" piece. United States coins (with a few exceptions) without a mint mark were made in Philadelphia.

TinMan88 likes this.
  8. Nice find!

TinMan88 likes this.
  9. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the reverse means. However, you mention value in your post. I can assure you that this piece is worth substantially more engraved as it is that it would be were it unengraved. Really nice find.

Also, I don’t this the geometry is right for a Star of David. My guess would be that it’s just a geometric design.

TinMan88 likes this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Reminded me of a board game, like Chinese Checkers. Same shape and those little bumps could have been marbles.
    I agree with Joe on value and would definitely hang on to it.

TinMan88 and CygnusCC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted