An Ebay rip??

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by majorbigtime, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majorbigtime

majorbigtime New Member

That wasn't me--read the thread and you will understand.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

You don't "cut and paste" - if you are using the correct terminology. You are going to have to save it to you computer (desktop, or wherever), and then load to to hosting site (photobucket?), and then post a link here.

4. majorbigtime

majorbigtime New Member

Thanks, but waaaaay too confusing for a computer spaz like me. There is really no reason to post another pix, other that to show the slab and placate the naysayers who expressed doubt that I even had he coin. Well, here are the specs, directly from PCGS:

Cert Verification

According to the PCGS Certification Database, the requested certification number is defined as the following:
    COIN INFORMATION Cert Verification #: 15558054 PCGS Coin #: 6854 Date, mintmark: 1795 Denomination: $1 Variety: Silver Plug Minor Variety: Mint Error: Pedigree: Country: The United States of America Grade: F12 Mintage: 16,029

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

A picture is worth a thousand words.....sorry being a naaaay sayer but .....I'm am not computer geek and but I still find my way around posting a picture ! Good luck with your coin better lucky dealing with the seller in the future.

6. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I have read the thread more than once. Please explain what I am missing.

The winning bidder was bob1928-a 09/09/09. He bid $2605 which was right in line with the bidding step. The second high bid was $2555. i.e., no evidence of an offer accepted. bob1928-a left a negative 10/12/09 which eBay subsequently pulled, but I don't know why or when. 10/16/09, bob1928-a won a 1915-S Barber half. Left a negative 10/28/9 that was pulled today.

7. majorbigtime

majorbigtime New Member

It is simple. While the auction was pending, I bought the coin. The seller should have canceled the auction, but did not do so.

8. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Where's that %&#$ popcorn emoticon??

9. raider34

raider34 Active Member

[​IMG]

Free Smileys

10. nightowl

nightowl Member

I find it disconcerting that.....A moderator here, apparently an operative or agent of a huge numismatic concern publicly browbeats me...calls me a thief for operating within eBay's rules and the law for "not paying enough money to that little old lady" when I paid the seller's "buy it now" price for a coin, but has no comment when a member pulls the rug out from under a legitimate eBay bidder...coercing the seller to circumvent eBay's fees by ending the auction early. Both of you violated eBay's user agreement, and both you and the seller know it.

Read the user agreement. You'll see that I'm right.

Nightowl

11. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

If what you say there is the truth, you have just admitted to being a crook. You stole from eBay. What you have said there is absolutely against eBay's contract.

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

What does that mean? Plug? Not to attractive!

13. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

14. majorbigtime

majorbigtime New Member

Hogwash. As the property owner (and, in this case, a retailer), a seller can sell his or her item whensoever and to whomsoever he or she pleases. That's why Ebay permits auctions to be canceled on the basis that the "item is no longer available for sale". Even if there were some dreaded obscure Ebay rule violation, a buyer could never "steal" from Ebay as buyers don't owe Ebay a cent (there is no Buyer's commission).

BTW, a violation of Ebay rules, like a violation of the forum rules, neither constitutes a crime nor makes the violator a crook. Wrongfully calling someone a crook does constitute defamation.

15. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

eBay mail includes;

It also includes this link http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html. It says, amongst other things;

Believe me, there is nothing hidden about this policy. And, yes, you can be sued. And, yes, you will lose without a minutia of a defense. Oh, ignorance of the contract you "signed" when you joined eBay is not a defense.

BTW, a crook is someone who is not honest - look it up. I would not consider anyone who purposely tries to deceive as honest.

16. majorbigtime

majorbigtime New Member

You have amazing insight--how prophetic!

I am a very sensitive person and have been wrongfully defamed! I just complained to the moderator.

17. majorbigtime

majorbigtime New Member

That says it all! This must be a new form of self-flagelation!

I did--you are wrong again.

18. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Everybody has there opinion, After all its a free country right or wrong!

19. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Wrongfully defamed? Can you just post a pic of the PCGS graded coin?

20. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Guy's please leave the personal insults out ok

21. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Wow!! You sure saw this one coming!! What was your first clue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.